Announcements

[Discover] Remove specific Artists from Discover Page

One errant song pick and now my Discover page is contaminated with unwanted suggestions. Should be a way to tailor this page. Otherwise, I like Discover.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for adding your support to this idea. 

After speaking to the relevant teams we've decided to close this idea. Whilst it's not possible to remove an artist directly from your Home page, there are several ways to give feedback to the app that you don't like certain Songs or Artists. 

- In your Discover Weekly, Release Radar and Daily Mix playlists you can click the 'Hide' button and select either 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this artist'.

- You can head direct to an Artist Page, click the three dots and select 'Don't Play This'.

We hope this clears things up and thanks for visiting the Ideas Exchange. 

Comments
Casual Listener

++johncpdaniel

Weird, my discover weekly does and its very helpful. The 'like' duplicates it in my saved songs and the 'dislike' stops it from playing again. Hope yours works soon too.

THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM. A LOT OF BAD QUALITY MUSIC HACKERS YOUR PLAYLISTS AND YOU ARE UNABLE TO DELETE THEM.  ON THE OTHER HAND THE MUSIC YOU ARE LOOKING FOR IS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT TO GET

gvsaboia

Looking at some of these comments - they were made 2 years ago and still you haven't done anything.  I don't know many fans of progrock that listen to **bleep** like Drake or Kanye **bleep** karkrash so stop it!

Regular

One of the artists that was recommended to me is a criminal offender, who was not granted BAIL today because of his criminal activity. 

http://time.com/5459045/tekashi-6ix9ine-arrested-racketeering/

Spotify, be a leader here. We do not want to line the pockets of abusers, pedophiles, misogynists, and rapists. 

Do the right thing, and deliver on this essential feature. This is a user safety issue, as well as a lack of transparency as to how my subscription dollars are being spent. 

can we upload ramadan rintunes similar to https://www.theramadankareem.com/ramadan-kareem-ringtone-mp3-download/  on spotify ?

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for adding your support to this idea. 

After speaking to the relevant teams we've decided to close this idea. Whilst it's not possible to remove an artist directly from your Home page, there are several ways to give feedback to the app that you don't like certain Songs or Artists. 

- In your Discover Weekly, Release Radar and Daily Mix playlists you can click the 'Hide' button and select either 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this artist'.

- You can head direct to an Artist Page, click the three dots and select 'Don't Play This'.

We hope this clears things up and thanks for visiting the Ideas Exchange.