Announcements
Hi folks! We're aware of reports about your Wrapped stories misbehaving and we're looking into it. We've managed to fix the issue with the Wrapped banner/stories not showing up. More info here. If the stories cause your app to stop responding, please subscribe here. Also, check out our Wrapped FAQ for answers to common questions.

[Discover] Remove specific Artists from Discover Page

One errant song pick and now my Discover page is contaminated with unwanted suggestions. Should be a way to tailor this page. Otherwise, I like Discover.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for adding your support to this idea. 

After speaking to the relevant teams we've decided to close this idea. Whilst it's not possible to remove an artist directly from your Home page, there are several ways to give feedback to the app that you don't like certain Songs or Artists. 

- In your Discover Weekly, Release Radar and Daily Mix playlists you can click the 'Hide' button and select either 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this artist'.

- You can head direct to an Artist Page, click the three dots and select 'Don't Play This'.

We hope this clears things up and thanks for visiting the Ideas Exchange. 

Comments

I can't agree more--an example for me. I love metal, rock, and pretty much everything else other than Rap and Country. Yet, because of my geographic location (such artists are popular in my area), my discover is contaminated with Eminem, Kesha (because $ isn't a letter :I), and a few country artists I don't recognize. I don't want to listen to them, and would love to see my discover... not clogged with music that I won't enjoy.

I miss my old Discover page, it was a constant reliable source of new music I looked forward to daily and is the main reason i went premium. Now its full of music I'm not interested in at all. Can we have button to turn on reccommended music based of listening history? I understand some folk may not want this function, so a optional button may make us all happy. 

I completely agree with this idea.  It needs to be done.  

I used to rely on Discover a lot for new music, but lately, they've been adding "Check out this popular album"...  if I wanted pop, I'd turn the radio on... Nothing I listen to is remotely similar to Coldplay... so no... I don't check out that popular album...  

It's been getting worse and worse.  And we used to be able te sample the recommendations by holding down on the play button.... that's gone too now... I'd love to see that come back.  

This really needs to be there.. now i see a lot of **bleep** in my list and it's not updating.. So reset option or remove from discover.. It was nice but recently it's not working good anymore.

Yes, yes and yes! Using Discover I find a lot of artists I like and some that I don't. I want to be able to permenantly remove a band from the discovery list. Particulrily because the artists I listen to on Discover, whom I've never heard before, then go on to effect future discover results even if I didn't like the band that triggered the suggestion. So Discover should not list disliked artists as well as not make suggestions based on disliked artists. PLEASE!!!! 

BUMP

This is necessary.  I made the mistake of using spotify to play holiday music...now all my recommendations are still holiday music.

Agreed, I'm a musician and sometimes need to learn songs by listening to them. I dont want recommendations based on those songs... Help us spotify

Just posting a reinforcing comment here - items that get clicked by mistake should now end up in "Because you listened to..."

Would be nice if we could rate music like Netflix does with movies. Love Spotify, though!

This definently needs to happen. I really liked the discover playlist last week. But this week I check it out and the second song to come on is "**bleep** Captain" Probably the worst vulgar song I've listened to. I like to play my phone on the stereo at work and now I can't because of that.