Announcements

[Discover] Remove specific Artists from Discover Page

One errant song pick and now my Discover page is contaminated with unwanted suggestions. Should be a way to tailor this page. Otherwise, I like Discover.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for adding your support to this idea. 

After speaking to the relevant teams we've decided to close this idea. Whilst it's not possible to remove an artist directly from your Home page, there are several ways to give feedback to the app that you don't like certain Songs or Artists. 

- In your Discover Weekly, Release Radar and Daily Mix playlists you can click the 'Hide' button and select either 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this artist'.

- You can head direct to an Artist Page, click the three dots and select 'Don't Play This'.

We hope this clears things up and thanks for visiting the Ideas Exchange. 

Comments
Casual Listener

was going to post something similar, nice one. Discover is a potentially great feature... but there are some bands/songs that i just don't want to hear again. Please add a 'do not like' button! 🙂 Thank you.

I came looking for a way to make the Discover page have some basis in Reality - instead of a stack of artists I have never listened to or even actively dislike. I see that is not possible. Even you folks who pay for this service are being bedeviled by lousy music selections. Glad I don't pay!  

Instead of getting an answer to my concern - I'll just make a suggestion. Until the user has some veto power on selections - Ignore the Discover Page. It doesn't work.

I got a suggested song from Katie Perry and most of my music is Metal and Baroque. What is Spotify research doing here? Are they being paid off by pop artists to play their spam?
Casual Listener

I started up a channel and the first thing that happened was Justin Beiber.  How do I "thumbs down" or make sure this never happens again?

The ability to tailer choices is imperative.  This is data more reflective of actual listening habits, including the ability to reject any item played.

Roadie

agreed. maybe i will listen to a few tracks off an album. it should not be offered as a discovery after that fact.

Regular

I don't even know why I have some artist showing up in this list. Genres I never tried and artists I would never listen.

Would be nice to have an option to get rid of those while listening to new music, at least disable them.

Casual Listener

How many frigging kudos does an idea need before the dev team can take 30 seconds to implement a change?

Roadie

Maybe if this Idea was implemented -Block/Hide/Blacklist Tracks or Artists - we wouldn't even need this thread.

My Discover Weekly has been improving over time but I would still like this ability, just in case any nasties creep in.

I really look forward to my new Discover Weekly-playlist every Monday, and it is usually great. However, there are a couple of tracks I absolutely and genuinely abhor that keep showing up, even though I'm skipping them each time they start playing. Ruins my Monday.

Would really like the ability to remove songs from the discover weekly playlist. This would make it easier to orginize new songs that I like and also help you guys provide more music to me that I wont have to remove in the future.