[Discover] Remove specific Artists from Discover Page

One errant song pick and now my Discover page is contaminated with unwanted suggestions. Should be a way to tailor this page. Otherwise, I like Discover.

Updated on 2019-09-18

Hey Folks, 

Thanks for adding your support to this idea. 

After speaking to the relevant teams we've decided to close this idea. Whilst it's not possible to remove an artist directly from your Home page, there are several ways to give feedback to the app that you don't like certain Songs or Artists. 

- In your Discover Weekly, Release Radar and Daily Mix playlists you can click the 'Hide' button and select either 'Don't play this song' or 'Don't play this artist'.

- You can head direct to an Artist Page, click the three dots and select 'Don't Play This'.

We hope this clears things up and thanks for visiting the Ideas Exchange. 

Comments
Casual Listener

Please! I downloaded some music for a party a few months back, and now my previously excellent Discover Weekly is all classic rock and 80s music. I'm ready to delete my account and start over 😕

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Not Right Now
Updated: 2016-12-16

Thanks everyone for your feedback. We’ve passed your comments along to our developers.

Our development teams have considered the general question of how we can improve our recommendations with some extra utility. For example, its now possible to remove certain songs from the Daily Mix feature. We hope to have more updates like this in the future.  

In the meantime, you could try removing songs from Your Music to improve our recommendations. We’ll update the community when we have more information to share. 

Boo.

Casual Listener

Spotify keeps pushing to me Italian crappy pop just cause I'm Italian. There's no other reason.

Get this done now, I don't want to find Italian rap in my feed. 99% of my albums and saved music is classical!

Roadie
it would help even more if we could love/ban any song from the Daily mixes at any moment, not only when it's playing.
user-removed
Not applicable

Hey! I just accidently blocked some artists from showing up on future recommendations and playlist. How do I undo this?

I mean that is the worst UI possible! how,for heavens sake, can you create an interface that can accidently block an arstist and not deliver an understandable instruction to undo this?

And then you show an progress bar! an fu***** progress bar!!!

thats just like saying " suprise dude, you fu*** up! and i give you 5 seconds to undo it but to be sure you will never make it in time, here is a complete new interaction patern and and we show you a fu***** progress bar so yous see what pressure feels like!!!!!!"

Who came up with this **bleep**?

I mean, seriosly, your companies success' depends on how smooth the interaction with your software is.

And you hire someone who designs something like this?

Send him back to artschool out and call me, I can tell you 20 guys who can do it better.

But first of all: Give me back my music!

Why it is still so difficult to remove Songs/ artists?

I can't find a way to remove unwanted songs from my weekly mix, that sux!

I listen to the "Sleep" playlist every night to fall asleep - I would like to exclude that list from the Discover feature, since that's not what I like when I am awake!  Thanks ....

Casual Listener

I also posted a request like this and have since noticed that we can 'Like' and 'Dislike' songs on Discover Weekly, which is an excellent help. Thanks Spotify - keep listening.

Pretty sure that’s only in the Daily Mix. Discover Weekly doesn’t give me
the option to Like or Dislike.