[Discover] See What Music is Popular in a Certain City

I think it's so cool when you click on the "about" tab for an artist how you can see what the top 5 cities that listen to the artist are. However, the only problem I find with this is that usually they are only very large major cities and typically the same for every artist. I think it would be so cool if there was a tab in the discover section or the browse section where you could see what songs people from your city or state listen to the most or which artists are listened to by your city the most. That would be so much cooler and more useful! 

Updated on 2020-02-19

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 23
Rock Star 23
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-02-08

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Visitor

I was about to post this! I had to follow so many links to get to an "open idea" for this one but yeah, I can't believe spotify hasn't picked this up! In theory, it would be so easy! I'll probably share this link now

Visitor

If provided as part of one the API's I would definitely write some discoverability tools on top of it. I'm thinking things like enter an artist and a city, and get weather monthly listens are low or high compared to some reference artists.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2020-02-19

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form 🙂

Have a nice day!

Luke