[Discover] Set a language for Discover & Recommendations

Hi,

I would like to select multiple languages and get all the material attached to it. For instance, I have a French account and when I go to the Hip-Hop section, New Albums, a lot of French albums are listed (like intended) but not all English albums (someone with an English account would obviously get more). And finally, I'm German speaking but not one album is shown, I have to look them up on my own. Let us select the languages we want content from.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-11-10

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Related Ideas

Comments
tomvelo

As French living in Germany I support this features! I want to have French podcasts!

eijapandit
Casual Listener

I get this weekly recommendations play list. and for some reason there is a lot of Russian music even when I have never listened to any Russian music out of free will. And I live in Finland. Russia is our neighboring country but we in Finland do not listen to any Russian music unless you have some roots there. We are not Russian speaking people. We have our own language and have a difficult history with Russia. So please be a bit more careful with these kind of music recommendations. Let the users select what language music they want to listen. 

timvanpelt

It should really be part of the standard functionality to be able to change the country for which you get suggestions. As resident in the Netherlands, I do not want to get suggestions for Dutch music per se.

Odod
Casual Listener

Please make this happen. I'm an expat in Thailand and the music selection under browse is not even marginally interesting to me.

devine_sunshine
Casual Listener

As a non German speaking person living in Switzerland. We bought a spotify account to STAY IN TOUCH with the REAL music scene in the WORLD. We do NOT & WILL NEVER APPRECIATE any form of GERMAN music and yet that is what we are mainly SUBJECTED TO in our subscriptions.

MANY expats live in ONE country before MOVING to another country every few years - therefore WHY ARE THERE NOT OPTIONS e.g. A GENERAL mainstream music option for such people???

MOST BIG COMPANIES forget about the EXPAT MARKET.

Come on make it happen!

_my_music_
Casual Listener

I used to live in Canada and have now moved to Switzerland, thus I had to change my country in the settings as well...unfortunately now all of the suggested podcasts and charts etc. I used to enjoy listening to are gone ):

I was so disappointed and still absolutely miss the Canadian content! I do not care for the Swiss content at all, since I neither like their language nor their artists and want to keep listening to English podcasts and charts, as well as dicover/get recommendations for new content in English...

Please enable this feature! I would be so grateful!  

It would make Spotify so much more enjoyable for foreigners!

Batzo
Casual Listener

I'm having exactly the same problem. This would be a great feature!

devine_sunshine
Casual Listener

TAGGED AS NEW IDEA??

IT IS NOT NEW. Just WAKE UP! English should be the MINIMUM language option PLUS all local country languages (SWITZERLAND has FOUR OFFICIAL LANGUAGES and a HUGE % of EXPATS coming & going) therefore it is only necessary for people to be able to use their accounts properly if companies like SPOTIFY, APPLE/MICROSOFT start offering the services as NEED by THE CUSTOMERS that ARE PAYING.

*Also why ISN'T it EASIER to UPVOTE the COMMENTS on this page?????????

Come on SPOTIFY LEAD THE WAY AND THE OTHER BIGGIES MIGHT FOLLOW SUIT - inter-language optionsas minimum !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :*

devine_sunshine
Casual Listener
It should be STANDARD (Inter-Language cheange options) as so many people are MOVING between countries these days for work, study, travel etc.
edleonardy
Casual Listener

I'm Indonesian and I can't help but get annoyed with all Indonesian music playlists popping up everywhere in my Browse sections. I don't think it's based on our IP addresses because I'm currently away in Australia and I still get Indonesian recommendations. It'd be really great if there's an option to turn off the country-based recommendations and only get recommendations based on what we listen, because I don't listen to Indonesian pop songs or traditional Gamelan :\