[Discover Weekly] Change Discover Weekly Playlist Image

Right now if a user wants to reset their Discover Weekly picture because it doesn't auto-update, they need to contact support and have it manually reset to default.

I think a user-side way to do the same action would benefit many users that are otherwise stuck with photos of their exes or of loved ones that passed away.

It could consist of a button in the Discover Weekly page, or alternatively on the settings page, that starts a server-side routine to execute the needed changes. (I'm not a Spotify developer so I don't exactly know how it works but as a programmer-to-be I suspect it to be some sort of database forced update)

Updated on 2019-11-23

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2019-02-14

Marked as new idea.

Fen
Regular

What a novel idea

heryasti
Music Fan

Please go and see this thread if that can help you understand the proportion it's taken.  

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Social/Discover-weekly-facebook-profile-picture-issue/m-p/4738971#M...

Adocious

Still have my FB image from when I joined with my ex-wife on as my image and have disconnected and connected facebook several times and nothing works to update image. Not appreciated. Bad form. Bad coding. 

FilteredRiddle
Visitor

This needs to be done. I've disconnected and reconnected Facebook, reinstalled Spotify, and I cannot change the image. I'm going to have to contact Customer Service just to change the image which is silly.

Nsbx
Casual Listener

I contacted the support and they don't made any change they just redirect me to the idea submission ...
clearly annoying and pathetic
i have the impression that spotify don't listen the users this is exhausting
i don't know why i'm paying each month ...

kayrai
Visitor

A toggle for "use FB picture" vs "use default picture" would likely be a relatively straightforward fix.

This problem has been documented for over 4 years, but the documented solutions do not work for everyone. https://community.spotify.com/t5/Accounts/Is-it-possible-to-change-the-picture-of-the-discover-weekl...

I'm a software engineer (not at Spotify) so I know that sometimes changes under the hood are a lot bigger than they seem to a customer, but I'm having a hard time imagining that adding a "use FB picture/use default picture" toggle is a big ask.

Nsbx
Casual Listener

I'm web developer too and unless your base application is really really poorly written this is not really hard to implement.
For me the "feature request" is here just to look pretty and i'ts a bit sad...
Even on the api some big demand are not executed...

however I do not blame the tech team , i know how sometime is hard to dev some functionnalities on times.

But it would be cool if the developement would be not only driven by "money". (as client i see that like that)
Spotify have the possibility to be a bigger quality application, but for that you need to listen the clients and the devellopers.

Here, is bad exemple because is not high value functionnality, but i saw many interesting request ...

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-11-23

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion!;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!