Announcements

[Discovery] Filter the Discover Tab

I love the new discovery tab. I'll love it even more if other ideas like deleting recommendations are implemented.

Another feature that I'd appreciate seeing is a filter option. Filtering so you see ONLY new releases, artist recommendations, song recommendations, album recommendations, pitchfork reviews, etc. All you can do right now is... just... keep... scrolling. Forever.

The new release filter would be especially useful. I miss what's new and its new release list.

discovery filter

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend

Hey!

Could you please edit your idea so it only shows 1 feature request and create a new idea for the other one?

Otherwise it's hard to manage the idea status and kudos. Thanks! 😉

About the image, I think you need a higher rank to do so. When you're done seperating the ideas I can insert the image for you.

Roadie

Will do! I isolated this one and I'll make another idea for the pinning in a minute 🙂

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Community Legend

Awesome stuff 🙂 

Just moved this over to New Ideas, edited the title to match the other discovery ideas and edited in the image for you 😉 

Thank you for making the changes! Great idea, kudos added!

peter

Roadie

Thank you! And no problem 🙂

Music Fan

+1 for filtering certain reccomendations! 
I listened to Benny Goodman and his Orchestra once, by mistake, now every single time I get reccomendations relating to it... Can we not say no thanks to some reccomendations. Thanks!

Also - reccomendations like this are not useful... 

http://imgur.com/tzm0qjK

Ideally, I'd just like a Whats New tab!

I want my new releases list back!

+1 for filtering. While Discover does help find new music to listen to and/or artists to follow, sometimes you just want to see all the new albums, or all of the songs you have not listened to in a while, or you may only be looking for artist recommendations for following.

@bebehey wrote:

I love the new discovery tab. I'll love it even more if other ideas like deleting recommendations are implemented.

Another feature that I'd appreciate seeing is a filter option. Filtering so you see ONLY new releases, artist recommendations, song recommendations, album recommendations, pitchfork reviews, etc. All you can do right now is... just... keep... scrolling. Forever.

The new release filter would be especially useful. I miss what's new and its new release list.

discovery filter

Yes please, I have listened to a few things and fell asleep now 50% of my recommendations are maternity slumber playlists!

The only filter I am interested in seeing is the ability to delete genres from being displayed. I have never listened to and never intend to listen to Hip Hop, Rap, Urban Contemporary, Country or Western and a good many others. Why is there not a "Never show me this again" button on each discovery item? As it is now, the whole thing is a nearly complete waste of time - I found maybe 5% of the recommendations to be something I might listen to. There needs to be some way of killing off the drivel that fills the screen now.