Announcements

Display number of offline songs (left)

As there is a limit of 3,333 songs that can be downloaded to each device for offline listening, I believe there should be a counter (perhaps somewhere in the settings menu) that displays how many songs are currently downloaded to the device. I'd rather have the option to know beforehand if I am approaching the limit, rather than having to deal with it when I really want to save a new album but can't because I have hit the limit.

Updated: 2016-05-06

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Music-Counting-Tracks-saved-to-Offlin...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉
This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

holaphil

iOS related feedback per this tweet: https://twitter.com/holaphil/status/628682044214743040

Is there a way for user to easily view list of songs 'available offline'? When disconnected from internet and/or only streaming via WIFI mode, it would be helpful to see a list of all 'Offline' songs available for playback. As of now the user has to scan through playlists or songs to discover songs that would not require streaming (i.e. cost data, studder, etc). Maybe add a 'Available Offline' option within Your Music menu.

bendolph
Music Fan
Yep..why not? I guess it's just a question of how best to implement it within the UI. I'd suggest (for the mobile application at least) when you go to Your Music... Songs, it shows a number of total songs, and another number (in brackets) of the amount of songs with the current filter. Oh or just put a thing in the settings... You've downloaded (this many songs). Piece of piss.
edwinalexander7
Casual Listener
I had the same idea!! Spotify should avoid us the last minute hassle!!!
octodur
Roadie

I would like to support this idea as well! Would be great to know if and when you hit the limit.

phpman
Music Fan

This would be great. It seems that I reached the limit but I can't see it anywhere. Now download for offline usage doesn't work.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated: 2016-05-06

Update: This idea has been submitted again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/All-Platforms-Your-Music-Counting-Tracks-saved-to-Offlin...

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas