'Don't play this Song for a While' Button

Hey,

so I often have the problem that I actually like a song and want to hear more songs that are similar but I don't want to hear that specific song again because I already heard it so often that I'm really tired of it. 
Now I don't to give it thumbs down because the radio would think I don't like the song, or I want to hear something different but the truth is I like that song I'm just tired of it.

That's why there should be an option that would remove that song from the radio and never play it again without actually changing the radio theme.
This would be less of a problem if radio station wouldnt always repeat some songs over and over.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. ;)

This idea is a re-post of this inactive idea.

DavidMitchell

Yes, yes, yes. So much yes.

MimKoRn

Actually, I think "I'm tired of this track" was more easily searchable, I was looking for it with that phrase and stumbled upon the older idea directing to this idea. Having written the phrase here in the comment should catch those searches hopefull too, however.

sludgin

I normally would use Pandora and I got tired of them playing the same track every 2-3 hours apart.  So I decided to try Spotify but I have the same issue but Spotify doesn't have the put back on shelf feature that Pandora has. It seems simple idea not sure how hard it would be to just put a 'don't play for 5 hours minimum' command in the program. Otherwise I will just go back to Pandora again.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!