Don't restart current Song on Start of Song Radio

When you select 'Go to Song Radio' from a track menu, and hit play, if that particular track is already playing it would be a great user experience if it started the radio seamlessly.

So instead of starting the track again it just continues but the playlist has switched over to the radio. Could be extended to artist etc too, and would allow you to switch context without breaking the flow :)

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-01-22

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-18

Marked as new idea.

myself248
Casual Listener

That's a better way to phrase a suggestion I recently made. Yes, this would be nice!

Having to wait around until the current song ends, and THEN stab the "song radio" button at just the right moment to make a decent transition, is silly.

bernikr

Google Play Music does exactly that. Its the only thing I like about it more than spotify.

xkg02s-u_shl
Music Fan

Ugh. This is a very basic feature that is supposed to have already been implemented.

timedrapery

This idea should be implemented immediately. Sometimes when I select the song radio option the playlist contains the song I was listening to but it's places further down the queue. Seeing as the idea regarding the song radio player beginning with the song you were just listening to has already been unplanned I imagine this occurrence is either a bug or I'm not understanding the details of the idea implementation. It's frustrating to get into a song that I'm listening to, choose to start a song radio based off the song I'm listening to and then have to skip forward in the track to continue listening to the song sans interiminter. If the playlist would simply switch the queued music to the song radio queue and continue to play the track without interruption it would make the user experience much more smooth and enjoyable for me. I'm surprised to see a total of 12 votes for this idea. 

gbgkm

Very good idea! Wanted to suggest the same thing today when noticing how annoying it is that the song is restarted on "Go to Song Radio" and hitting "Play"..

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2019-01-22

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke