Announcements

Don't support political Causes

Please refrain from turning Spotify, a music service after all, into a political platform advancing arbitrary causes.  When I search for political news or commentaries, I have different sources that do the job much better and do not masquerade as ice cream parlors.

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
EricInWisconsin

JblatterNYC- You don't know me. You apparently don't want to know me, and you certainly don't care to discuss or debate my viewpoint to understand me. You fire off with names. You are the one acting like a bigot. Whether you are or are not a bigot, I don't know. You are a bully; I'll say that.

To answer your point, if you even care, I agree music and politics are inseparable. Spotify is NOT music. It is a business. The only music Spotify makes is the jingle of the cash register.

id667

Getting sick of Spotify's insessant political playlists. Music is an escape! Stop it already.

I also should be suggested playlists based on my listening habits. It is laziness to feed me stuff I do not want to listen to.

I have a family membership and am strongly considering dropping it for a service that doesn't shove their political opinions down your throat.

EricInWisconsin

Kudos to Spotify for showing support for hurricane relief efforts. Great cause that the country stands together on. Please continue that.

Shame on Spotify for once again taking sides on a political cause with the DACA playlist. Why would you do that? Please stop.

AgentDrTran

lol I love how mad people get over nothing

paradiso25
...a childish response to an adult problem that you’re apparently not equipped (or have no real interest) to deal with.
jblattnerNYC
paradiso25
Not a political cause....genius
sethlivingston

Getting these out of the browse area is a perfectly reasonable solution. Those who want to search for it still can. Questionable, highly divisive, political **bleep** shouldn't be given a seat in the front row of Spotify.

ImSoCuriousYeah

I strongly agree. My family subscribes to this service and seeing obnoxious left wing political trash all over the place is making us want to leave Spotify entirely and maybe switch to another service.

So, since politics are obviously welcome on Spotify, I'm just going to leave this here with the rest of these commentators' hashtags: #itsokaytobewhite

Marco
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!