Downloading Full Albums instead of just Playlists

It would be such a great feature to have if a user was able to download albums directly rather than adding an album to a playlist just to listen to it offline in its entirety. Rdio, MOG, and Rhapsody already do a marvelous job at implementing this feature as well as organizing a user's library of offline material. Any insight on whether this will be coming soon or not would be deeply appreciated.

Updated on 2018-06-15

As mentioned, this is already available on the Mobile Apps.

On Desktop any news about it will be shared here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Your-Music-Ability-to-make-quot-Your-Music-quot/...

Comments

i agree with this, ive actually been researching other streaming platforms to find something better. a collection tab or better artists/ album sorting is needed. i HATE having to make a playlist of an album then go all the way to the bottom of my playists to find the playist, rename it to take out the artist name, and then drag it back up to put it in the arists folder i had to make. its a joke. sometimes i wonder why i even bother with spotify

How many kudos will be needed to make this a priority for Spotify?

Fully agree - am subscribed to both Rdio and Spotify and am having trouble pulling the plug on Rdio until I can download all my favorite albums organized by artist on Spotify, like I could do on Rdio.

I just wish I could get my Spotify to work, it has stopped working and a new download  keeps throwing up Error 17, techi boys have offered help of solutions, but no joy, looks like the end of Spotify  for me, am I alone. ?.  Stuart.

Thank you for posting this!!  Please make this update ASAP!  This is probably one of the single biggest features holding many of my friends back from your glorious service!!  

The issue here is that playlist creation is unituitive for many users.  I understand the need to provide a unique ecosystem, but it creates a barrier to entry for many people.  This is contradictory to the mission of Spotify removing the pain of music management from our lives.  

I love the service and have belonged since your entrance to the US, but this continues to be a sticking point for myself and many friends.  

Not to sound rude but this has been "under consideration" now for quite some time and i was wondering if any progress or internal discussion has been made to have this feature implemented. If a mod could provide some feedback in regards to this it would be appreciated.

Thank you.

OK - I figured out what I was doing wrong or right depending on how you wanna look at it. On my Mobile App I had the "Available Offline" selected under the ALL SONGS cataegorty. This was making it download everything whenever I added anything. Then I noticed that when I go into ALBUMS category on the Mobile App and open an Album view - It also has the "Avilable Offline" botton. SO -

From the Mobil App (andriod here) you CAN DOWNLOAD ALBUMS with one click. You still can't do it in the Desktop App (windows here) - I would suspect that will be soon coming cause you can TOTALLY do it from the moile App. But in the Desktop you do still have to make a playlist to download. Not such a big deal cause my desktop is never offline in the first place. The really cool part about it is that on the mobile app when you DESELECT the "Avialable Offline" button, it automatically clears those files . So from the mobile app you do have control of what is offline or streaming on an album by album basis.

I'm pretty happy with this now - YEAH!!! - 

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Under Consideration
Updated: 2016-08-05

Hey folks, this is currently available for users on iOS and Android. When we have an update about downloading albums offline on the Desktop app we will post again here. Thanks!

Please do impliment this as soon as you can. 

And by the way, your help guide already implies that this is possible, so I just spent a frustraing few minutes discovering that the help guide is wrong, and that you can only do this on mobile devices (which isn't mentioned in the help guide). 

More empty BS for $9.99/mo