Downloading Full Albums instead of just Playlists

It would be such a great feature to have if a user was able to download albums directly rather than adding an album to a playlist just to listen to it offline in its entirety. Rdio, MOG, and Rhapsody already do a marvelous job at implementing this feature as well as organizing a user's library of offline material. Any insight on whether this will be coming soon or not would be deeply appreciated.

Updated on 2018-06-15

As mentioned, this is already available on the Mobile Apps.

On Desktop any news about it will be shared here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Your-Music-Ability-to-make-quot-Your-Music-quot/...

Related Ideas

Comments
tjb
Roadie

Agreed.  Making playlists for everything is annoying.  I really hope this is planned in the future.  They implemented gapless, so obviously they know that a lot of people are listening to albums and not just songs.

bradavon
Roadie

Good idea. Spotify is too Playlist centric.

krikelin
Community Legend

You can already do it!

Enjoy this album!

Dr. Sounds – Bungalow

deletedxxxxx
How can you already do that? I have used their mobile app for quite awhile, and the only thing I have been able to do is add an album to a playlist to save it offline. You can't download an album directly though and it display in your library.
user-removed
Not applicable

There is no option for this.

deletedxxxxx
That's what I thought...I guess he misread my statement.
user-removed
Not applicable

This idea will be good. Just add albums to special album view, Spotify.

TheArturization
It would be great to Download Albums!
deletedxxxxx
Keep the kudos and comments rolling in. The more support we get on this thread, the more likely they will implement this feature. Thanks!
neilvg
Regular

YES YES YES.  I cannot believe they don't have this.  I just moved from Rhapsody and without this feature I am already second guessing my move.