Downloading Full Albums instead of just Playlists

It would be such a great feature to have if a user was able to download albums directly rather than adding an album to a playlist just to listen to it offline in its entirety. Rdio, MOG, and Rhapsody already do a marvelous job at implementing this feature as well as organizing a user's library of offline material. Any insight on whether this will be coming soon or not would be deeply appreciated.

Updated on 2018-06-15

As mentioned, this is already available on the Mobile Apps.

On Desktop any news about it will be shared here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Your-Music-Ability-to-make-quot-Your-Music-quot/...

Comments
OneHipNinja
Now it's too bad that I don't have a good explanation, cause it'll be of less help to anyone else, but it's fine now. I originally thought it had something to do with saving albums to library before attempting to download, but I just disconfirmed that a moment ago. I attempted to download an unsaved album and it saved it automatically and started downloading. I really don't know. Maybe an update took care of whatever was going on.
edwinnoorlander

I would be happy if I could buy my playlist. Then I can also play my music in my car, and on my older MP3 players. Now I have to find my numbers one by one and buy them online.

Marco
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-06-15

As mentioned, this is already available on the Mobile Apps.

On Desktop any news about it will be shared here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Desktop-Your-Music-Ability-to-make-quot-Your-Music-quot/...

MattSuda
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Good news!

A new desktop app update with a new design is currently rolling out to all users. One of the new features is the ability to download albums and podcasts just like you can in the mobile app.

You can read more info about the new desktop app in this news article:

Introducing a New Spotify Experience Across Desktop App and Web Player 

The desktop team also has a blog post in the community about it:

The New Desktop App

Related Ideas