Announcements

Driving Mode

Hey Community,

I use Spotify mainly when driving car, bike or what ever.

Despite my normal-sized fingers it's not easy for me to hit the small buttons which are close to each other to navigate through my playlists (pls. see Screenshot):

1.png

Both at lock-screen and in normal mode the buttons are to small and to close to eachother (at least at Iphones).

A solution could be kind of a "Driving mode" which can be activated when driving.

With the Driving Mode you don't need to look to the screen. By swiping left or right, up or down functions will be activated.

For example swipe left = Last song; right = Next song; up = Volume up; down = Volume down, and so on... (e.g. the "Navigator"-Mode from Audible, other purpose but similar):

2.png

The idea could increase safety and avoid accidents - that's why the idea can not be rejected 😉

Thank you and best regards

commander-m

You can already swipe left/right to change the song.

There is an idea for a 'car mode' to make it safer here. Feel free to add Kudos and comment on it to show your support!

Anthony

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

You can already swipe left/right to change the song.

There is an idea for a 'car mode' to make it safer here. Feel free to add Kudos and comment on it to show your support!

Anthony

Casual Listener
Hey Anthony,
thank you for your answer.
I am with you, swiping left/right to change the song is already possible - but only if the phone is not locked.
My phone for example turns automatically locked after a short time and I am not able to switch it off because its a company-phone (Security, etc...)
There won’t be a problem anymore if it would be possible to switch-off the automatic lock mode during using Spotify.
Best regards
Commander-m