Enable best Quality for Tracks on Chromecast Audio Device

After casting Spotify from my Android phone onto my new Chromecast audio device I was disapointed to discover that I could not set the device to extreme quality, even though I am a premium member. It would be good to allow a default extreme quality setting on all devices used on my account or to allow setting the quality in the Android app.

The latest version of the Android app allows control of the quality level over chromecast in settings. This issue is solved.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: Implemented
Updated: 2015-10-08

Marked as new idea.

redders6600
Is it possible to control audio quality at all? What is the default quality setting for devices? Not being able to select extreme quality for the chromecast audio will be a dealbraker for some people - one of the selling points of CC audio over Sonos is the ability to use your audiophile speakers with services like Spotify, so stream quality will important.
Daranger

What?? I had no idea. Just ordered a chromecast audio for the exact purpose of playing spotify in extreme quality on my audiophile system! So sad :(

Spotify... please fix this...

jorritsalverda

+1

I didn't invest so much in my hifi to listen to normal or high quality. Need to be able to set extreme quality. Now it's back to airplay and that sucks as it locks me in to apple devices to control spotify. And yes it's very audible, it sounds like a tin can compared to extreme quality.

jorritsalverda

It could have been a specific album that sounded poor. Listening to other spotify albums using the chromecast connection sounded much better. 

What would be really helpful is to at least show what bitrate the 'automatic' setting is actually using as long as it's impossible to control the exact setting for the Chromecast.

Wouter86

There is no option to control the audio quality, but do we know what quality is standard? i cant find that either. 

m1463

Why you put ISSUE SOLVED in the title if this is not solved?

lethao
With the latest version of the spotify app which is available on the play store I can still not change the audio quality for a chromecast 2 (not audio) . My hifi receiver has built-in spotify, and there is a definite difference in audio quality
m1463

I just update both mac os and android apps. I hear a defenetly diference now, sounds much better. Both mac and android app are set to high quality. Can some spotify person explane how this works?

MaxChee
Casual Listener

So can someone comfirm if this stream at 320kbps on chromecast?