Enable best Quality for Tracks on Chromecast Audio Device

After casting Spotify from my Android phone onto my new Chromecast audio device I was disapointed to discover that I could not set the device to extreme quality, even though I am a premium member. It would be good to allow a default extreme quality setting on all devices used on my account or to allow setting the quality in the Android app.

The latest version of the Android app allows control of the quality level over chromecast in settings. This issue is solved.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
JezFletcher
Other reviews seem to say it streams at highest quality possible... One thing to make sure - turn high dynamic range on in the Chromecast app settings. Made a massive difference for me.
m1463

There is no high dinamic rage option in chromecast 2. May be chromecast audio has it?

lethao
With the latest version of the spotify app which is available on the play store I can still not change the audio quality for a chromecast 2 (not audio) . My hifi receiver has built-in spotify, and there is a definite difference in audio quality
m1463

I just update both mac os and android apps. I hear a defenetly diference now, sounds much better. Both mac and android app are set to high quality. Can some spotify person explane how this works?

karlwijk

Hi, I can confirm that the Chromecast Audio streams with 320 kbs. I made a test and measured (using the router tool) the received data when streaming to my phone and streaming to Chromecast. It was the same and it was 320 kbps!

Bryand
I'm on the new 3month premium trial for 0.99 and after my weeks free trial, most of my options in settings greyed out. I can see that its set to 'extreme' but don't know if the SQ is the best the app can produce (it does sound OK). What is weird is that if I use the native cast screen on my Nexus 6P phone rather than the one built into the Spotify app, I can access these settings again. Unfortunately, the sound is terrible - muffled and boomy. Does anyone have any suggestions...? Bryan
Rkbarney
This is NOT SOLVED. It says explicitly in the app that "Music quality (Not available when listening to another device"... I similarly just bought new speakers for my tv to take advantage of Spotify and chromecast...
gboz
Issue unsolved
Eli_Verhasselt

Is this solved in the meantime? 

If so, how?

MikeD2

On Chromecast Audio there are no settings for extreme quality (only when playing thru your android phone can you access them). However, the Chromecast Audio sound quality is great (and I presume at 320k) if you cast using the Spotify app, not the cast button in the control panel of your phone.  There is a noticeable sound quality and volume improvement  if you use the Spotify app and go to connect to a device and select Chromcast Audio (or whatever you named it). I have Spotify premium and don't know if free Spotify will work. I play music through very good speakers and headphones and notice little or no difference between Spotify and CDs. Chromecast  done right (and it's easy) sounds fantastic!