Expand Top Hits List

Hey there!  Love the service....

I would love to be able to expand the Top Hits list to see the rest of the songs from the artist listed by 'most plays'.  I'm fairly new and still building my playlists and it's a bit of work to comb thru each album to find the songs that are the most popular.

An alternative would be to provide a sort in the 'albums' section so that I could at least bring the 'most played' to the top for each album, group select, and add to my playlist...

Keep rockin out!

Hi there!

Edit: The idea has been reposted here

This idea has been submitted more than one year ago but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough kudos during that time (25 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active
ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the
community.

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

Hey, you can search most popular songs by search with artist name.

Just like this...

cascada.png

Casual Listener

I suppose that's sort of correct but when you do it from a search result some other things besides matching 'artist' comes in...  Not necessarily bad, but not expected either..  Thanks for the update!

Screen Shot 2012-05-30 at 12.25.17 PM.png

user-removed
Not applicable

Also you can discover good music by searching playlists you like or listen Spotify Radio. You can at least use a your playlist in Spotify's Playlist radio, it's worth a try.

Casual Listener

how is that related at all to the feature of expanding the top lists on an artists dedicated page?  I don't want to discover good music in other ways, I would like to take the canonical artists page and see their content listed in most played...similar to how you can do it on a search result, but on the artist page, for the above stated reason...

I agree. Rhapsody does a better job of this with an initial short list and the ability to expand it to a much larger list.

Rhapsody also allows you play the Top Hits with one click (rather than having to select them all and drag to queue).

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Changed back to "new idea" status - once this idea reaches 100+ kudos the Spotify staff will review it again and decide on a new status. 😉

Casual Listener

Huzzah!! This has sort of been implemented already by a few updates in search results and artist pages.  The artist page now features 10 of the top songs and the search for an artist name yeilds a much more uniform result (for better or worse) allowing the user to sort by popularity.  Not exactly what I was hoping for but much improved! Thanks.

Casual Listener

If i am not mistaken, i have a solution for you! Im not sure if you question has been answered yet as i havent read everything above.

PROPOSED SOLUTION: Type selected search term into "magnifying glass search bar", like normal. HOWEVER, rather than clicking on something in the promted drop down menu, simply hit enter.

Its working for me so. . . GOODLUCK! Let me know i would like to further assist.

Happy Listening 🙂

Casual Listener

Furthermore,

for instance if i search "bob marley" and click "bob marley" in the drop down below the search bar i will be brought to the page with "popular song" and albums below "popular song". If I am not mistaken this is NOT the page you want, so not that you are at the page that you already know how to get to and dont want to be at click in the search bar again and then click enter. 

Happy Listening 🙂

Casual Listener

or click "show all results" in the drop down menu. . . . 

sorry i cant stop now