Explicit Ads

I don't know if this has been addressed already, but I have a complaint about an ad. I know there is a great deal of cursing in songs today, and I read a few posts about filtering explicit songs. However, this is a different issue. The other day I was using the iPad app - listening to piano music - and an ad popped on about - I think - a record company. It played snippets of a few songs, and one of them had the F-word quite clearly. I was seriously offended, and I can't even imagine if young kids heard something like that while using your program/app. I am sorry to say I didn't report it right away, because I couldn't find any support or feedback options anywhere in the app. (Another complaint by the way.) Aside from some kind of ad filter, which sounds unlikely from your replies elsewhere on this site, maybe you should just tell your advertisers to follow some guidelines... Like not including snippets of songs with explicit lyrics.

Hello and welcome to the community. 

As a father of four myself, I can certainly relate to your suggestion. There is however another, similar idea already posted here: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Spotify-Ads-Filters/idi-p/11675

The best way of getting this implemented is to support that idea by giving kudos and participating in the comment field.

0 Likes

Related Ideas