Explicit Only/Edited Only Option

I have seen two other similar Ideas, one flagged as duplicate. Hopefully mine does not fall under that category as it supports the opposite idea/control at the same time. 

I would appreciate it Spotify would allow users to turn off edited content OR turn off explicit. I listen to a lot of Hip Hop and by Murphy's Law, seem to always pick the edited album. While other people have children and do not want to hear the F word around them. I believe we both can agree that it is very frustrating to play the version we don't want.

I think both Explicit On and Explicit Off could be solved simply.

Settings > Explicit Content

(bullet option) Turn Off Explicit Content

(bullet option) Turn Off Edited Content

Both bullets cannot be highlighted at same time and of course in the background it would have to work like:

When Explicit Content is turned off, it would never be played

When Edited is turned off, Explicit would be played unless Edited is the only option. 

Again, sorry if the moderators view this Idea as a duplicate, but I believe this would solve the problem for both parties.

Updated on 2017-11-07

Hi folks, thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread. Today we're marking this as a duplicate of the Explicit Button, but please allow us to explain. 

While we understand the requests are different (one wants a button to turn explicit off/on and the other wants the option to have explicit only), the metadata work we'd need to do to build either of these is exactly the same. 

We, therefore, think it's misleading to have two ideas like this in the top 20 Community ideas. The Explicit Button idea is still the #2 Community idea so our teams absolutely understand how important this request is. 

Please keep an eye on the Explicit Button thread (which we think is a good idea) for any updates on these requests. Thank you for continuing to bring your feedback to us via the Community Idea Exchange.

Comments
anoxy

I'm really considering ending my premium subscription until they enable this feature. I'm so tired of only having access to edited albums on my iPhone. I listen to most of my music on the go, so I really could care less if both versions of the album are available on Desktop.

BeatHead
Casual Listener

Yes please - make sure it extends to search and artists pages, etct.  Artist pages only seem to show one version of each album and it's frustratingly random whether it shows the edited or explicit version.  If there is an explicit version, I ALWAYS want that in lieu of the editied version (and other people will be the exact opposite of me).

Leroidemorte

I also agree I personally listen to the desired versions of music at school while I listen to the explicit version while I'm at home I truly think The dual button thing has merit

jwlitster

Please. Please. Please. I pay you guys money every month. I want to exclude explicit songs. Please.

bsantcli

Please do this.. I am 25 and listen to a lot of hip-hop. Nothing is more annoying than paying for a subscription every month to hear my favorite music edited. There seems to be way more edited versions of everything, literally everytime I add a song it seems to be the edited version (half the time not labeled that way). For me this is a major issue. I am considering cancelling my membership. I understand why it is edited on public radio but it makes no sense to me that I am of age, paying for a subscription and still seeing tons of edited music. Change ASAP or for the same cost I can buy 1 brand new un-edited album a month.. I probably do not download much more on Spotify so this is definitely a deal breaker. 

whiteruskii

YES PLEASE!!! Get on this spotify c'mon. You're worth hundreds of millions, just hire someone for 10k and implement this feature. Also, spotify has been crashing lately randomly (off topic) so get on that too ;)

PlaftaKush

PLEASE SPOTIFY!!

PlaftaKush

Please SPOTIFY, give the option to not have artists music be edited. I want to hear the music as the artist intended for the music to be heard. They wouldn't have included the "explicit" (what does that even mean) lyrics if that wasn't how they felt/ wanted their voice to be heard.

Stop editing art, Spotify.

BlastfoME
PLEASE add this option in settings. This is a much needed option to have for anyone who enjoys music the way the artists wanted us to hear it. I understand having the option to prevent those with kids from hearing "bad language", but we should also have the option to only hear artists unedited tracks/albums as well!
ThaRazor
Can ya do this so annoying to find edited versions in playlists