Extend Spotify's suggestion feature dramatically

In Spotify, you can listen to music. But you have to know what to look for. Why? Spotify has a really huge userbase, it seems its data is not used.

I think, Spotify needs features like the following:

- Suggesting songs (this already exists, but it's based on artists, not on user-saved songs). I want to see a list of 50 songs which I haven't listened to before each time I log in, based on why others have been listening to. Others, which prefer the same songs I've been liking. I want Spotify to know which song I have played how often, what kind of music I clicked away quickly , what I saved, which playlists I saved and so on. And I want Spotify to know this about everyone. Just imagine how purpuseful a well-implemented system could be. Creating a management system like this would probably be very ressourceful and time-consuming, but totally worthful invsting into. Users should be able to stay on the green-gray area for hours, discovering new music every day.

This might be a weird comparison now, but have a look at Facebook, Google and specially its child YouTube. The video suggestions there are so perfect, it is stunning. It is plain easy to spend 5 hours on YouTube just by clicking thorugh the suggested links. They've started this music-focussed playlist-thingy recently, which is pretty good already (https://www.youtube.com/feed/music). Spotify totally lacks things like that.

People are lazy and want to be entertained. Let Spotify entertain us, apart from only providing 68420524 million songs worldwide.

Spotify is about the number one in terms of music streaming.

Use this power.

Hi and thanks for your contribution! I'm going to mark this as a duplicate of this idea, though I believe your post contains a lot of great suggestions about how to refine the Discover feature. If you could add your suggestion as a comment to that thread, it's easier to pass along feedback to developers that way.

If you feel that your suggestion is significantly different from the above linked idea, please post here, clarifying the ways in which it's distinct, and I can change the status again. Thanks! 🙂

Comments
Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hi and thanks for your contribution! I'm going to mark this as a duplicate of this idea, though I believe your post contains a lot of great suggestions about how to refine the Discover feature. If you could add your suggestion as a comment to that thread, it's easier to pass along feedback to developers that way.

If you feel that your suggestion is significantly different from the above linked idea, please post here, clarifying the ways in which it's distinct, and I can change the status again. Thanks! 🙂