[Facebook][Social][30s preview]

I wish we could select which track of the music will be previewd in a facebook post with a song link. 

I'm a fan of the recent work of Kanye. The guy is a genius. So, in 'Famous' he mentioned Nina Simone, sampling and performing her song 'do what you gotta do' - I didn't know this song, but I do know Nina. When i finally got to 'do what you gotta' do, I realized the size of the tribute kanye was performing - the reference is huge, a big part of her music is entirely transcripted and read in his, multiple times. This is a big deal, by reconizing himself as great (as he often does), Kanye is telling that Nina is greater, for She came before, and got further in a time most black people and most women coudn't. Kanye is her heir, and he knows it and recognizes it some how.

So back to the topic of this idea - when I tried to share that Nina's song, to its post I added the text "@famous", I was surprised by the preview function - never saw it, its awesome. But i instantly thought that it would be great if I could share not only Nina's music, not only the mere mention of a connection by typing "@famous" - if I could select the part of the music that is previewed, I could expose this connection, this tribute, and people would see that Nina is Kanye's reference and her importance by only 30 seconds and one simple word - @famous, because I would select that part of har song that Kanye used, which is clear in his music. The description of this connection would not need all the words I'm writting here. 

It would also be nice for you guys to track the influences and references that are in music we're listening, to populate the radio and suggestions with the referenced content. Posts of the sort I did may give you the tags associations (e.g., if "famous" is associated with "do what you gotta do", so both songs' radios include each other - the dectecion of those "if A n' B r associated" could be made by tracking social activity). Genius.com is crowded with this kind of material inside song analyses and text content mentioning music references, you already have (or had?) a partnership, they may be a good source of this kind of connections.  

Hope I'm making sense here and to here from u guys about this idea. 

Updated on 2018-06-13

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

A similar idea has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Choose-what-part-of-your-song-plays-in-30-second-...

Add your votes and comments there please! ;)

0 Likes
Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

Updated on 2018-06-13

Hello and thanks for the feedback!

A similar idea has also been suggested here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Social-Choose-what-part-of-your-song-plays-in-30-second-...

Add your votes and comments there please! ;)