Announcements

Find Users with similar Music

Although we have facebook and all that to find our friends using Spotify I think it should also be made so that users can find other people which aren't just their friends-even though I know you can search people up I just feel like there should be a small section where they can show some users with similar tastes (like a recomended bar) so that's it's easier and gives you a chance to find good music through other people, especially if you're the type of person who likes following tons of playlists. 

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Casual Listener

I support what @mattaningram says! It would be AWESOME if it's donde this way. Not only friends but, people around th globe, I mean for many people, taste in music define friendships and personalities, it would be incredible if i counld make friends this way.

Great idea. Especially for peeps like me who don't use facebook.

Casual Listener

Right now--May 23 2017--you can't search user profiles at all. This feature would tie in well with the social app.

2017-08-15 .. still waiting for this feature 😕

Casual Listener

This may be related: I've seen "Spotify Top Five/Ten Artists" lists on dating apps Blendr (Tinder?), but I don't know how to list my top faves.

So, I came up with this idea where you can make a top 10 list of your favorite songs at that moment.

You can of course update the top 10 any time, but the idea is that you can see how much percent you match with a random person around the world, a friend (that you can add by username) or a random person at a specific distance or city or country.

My other idea is that you can see the same thing by a playlist instead of a top 10 list.

There are many possibilities for this idea.

Of course if this idea was implemented to Spotify it would mean that people need to accept that Spotify can use your location. But if you don't want that just press on deny.

Casual Listener

That would be sweet!!! 

Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!