Fix Spotify Version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd

Immensely annoying and aggravating issues I am having with the latest Spotify update.

- You can't search in playlists using CTRL + F anymore.

- Nor can you search in playlists by sorting and then typing what you want to find, anymore.

- You can't queue songs which are in the Social Feed anymore.

- The "Choose As Current Playlist" function has been completely removed.

- There is A LOT of unnecessary space.

- Everything runs more slowly.

I don't get why Spotify keeps insisting on removing these basic, already implemented and perfectly working functions, such as when they removed the capability to be able to see who are subscribing to your playlist, not just how many people are. Or when you could see what your friends have been listening to, not just what they are listening to right now. I thought Spotify wanted to improve the user experience, but as of late I have come to think that, apparently not.

Hello there!
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status. A "Fix a whole Spotify version" topic can hardly be updated properly by the community staff.
If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. ;)
When you're re-posting those ideas in separate topics, please make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum. Thanks again!

Example: For playlist search add your kudos here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Desktop-Bring-back-search-inside-playlists/idi-p/1039...

Comments
MattSuda
Community Legend

CTRL + F will be coming back in a future update

cam12687
Casual Listener

The whole app takes longer to start up, the menu to add songs to playlists and to share, takes about 5 seconds to open now, it used to be almost instantly to open. Don't think the update got enough testing before release.

vdesabou
Regular

The MAJOR issue for OS X users is the AppleScript support broken !!

I have version 1.0.1.1060.gc75ebdfd and this was reported a lot of time since 1.x version

Example: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Desktop-Linux-Mac-and/Apple-scripting-broken-in-1-0-1-988-g8f1...

A lot of 3rd parties apps are using it.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15

Youcan queue songs in the activity feed, just right click on your friend's face.

SirOvenMitt
Regular

I agree, I do not like the changes made to the "Or when you could see what your friends have been listening to, not just what they are listening to right now." I also no longer see the bands I am following and what they are currently listening. for the ones who have a active Spotify acount.

apecat
Regular

I've been a premium subscriber since early 2009 and I've got to say that this massive reduction of the desktop client's functionality arrives at an unfortunate time.

Spotify's comptetitors are scrambling to provide lossless, cd-quality streams in several streaming intense markets to really get some of this service's more demanding users. Apple is set to enter this market later this year by doing an overhaul of the Beats Music service, probably as part of the iTunes moniker. Because of Spotify's desktop client, I've never really considered my options, before now.

Spotify's (partially) native desktop app could've remained a massive competitive advantage by catering to power users. But the once powerful, fast and instant software I learned to accept as good enough in late 2008 has never recovered from being turned into a bunch of web based views over the last few years. It's like Spotify HQ is oblivious to the fact that high end Spotify users rely on software like Foobar2000 for non streaming use.

The latest update doesn't stop at crippling a bunch of playback almost to the level of Soundcloud. With the removal of the normalization toggle, even audio quality is affected.

A piece of real desktop software is essential for low-friction authoring and creative output from the kind of people who use your service for editorial purposes or just listen to a lot of music and act as trendsetters. For Spotify to survive iTunes entering the streaming market, it needs to remain visible as the default streaming service around the web, for playlists for everything from house parties, newspapers and music festivals.

The desktop client is such wasted opportunity in its current state. Among the competitors, even the ones aiming for the audiophile crowd, desktop users are generally offered useless, offline incompatible, browser based garbage.

I really hope Spotify can sort this out. I don't want to leave.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hello there!
Thanks for the feedback, unfortunately we can only handle 1 feature request per topic, otherwise it's impossible to manage the received kudos / give the idea a proper status. A "Fix a whole Spotify version" topic can hardly be updated properly by the community staff.
If you want to start a general feedback topic, that's great! But please use the respective help forum then. ;)
When you're re-posting those ideas in separate topics, please make sure to use the search function, since a lot of ideas might already be out there in the ideas forum. Thanks again!

Example: For playlist search add your kudos here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Desktop-Bring-back-search-inside-playlists/idi-p/1039...