Fix or roll back so we don't have to follow every artist we ever added a song from to sort them A-Z

Having to follow all the artists that I ever added a song of in order for them to appear in my library under artists so I can browse them alphabetically is mindboggelingly stupid. I have many hunderds of artists of which many I don't remember the name. This will take me hours and I'll lose many cool songs which I discovered through playlists because of this.

You know what is wrong with the update (and it's more than I've written here but I can't be bothereed to list more things), just have look online, on this forum, on your twitter. Realise you made a bad, bad move and fix it. Quickly. I bet quite some subscribers are gone already, and many more, including me, will leave is this will not be adressed.

Realise you've made a mistake. Admit it. Revert / Fix it. Apologise to the people that pay you (the users) for the inconvenience.

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Your-Music-Automatically-follow-artists-whose-song...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. 

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.

Comments
th3_thing
  • I spent 30 minutes trying to find this exact suggestion. It's been about 3 days since this update and I really hate this
SHREDDY_M3RCURY
Casual Listener

I hate the UI. So convoluted. It was so easy before and I feel like this updated is for people who like singles and not albums. 

mirrorofthesea

I primarily found songs by artist but didn't follow them if I just liked a few songs. Which means I can't find anything at all anymore. I have a huge list of songs with no reliable, easy way to make my music accessible to me. In it's current form, Spotify is completely useless to me.

Mean_Derr
Regular

I have a solution:

1. add each song saved to a playlist labeled "songs" allowing you to listen to all of your songs in one place

or

2. add each song saved to a playlist named after the album the song belongs to.

But don't forget to "like" every artist who put out that one song you enjoyed listening to... as well as "saving" every album containing that one song you might have enjoyed listening to... then go ahead and create your "all songs" and/or "songs by album" playlist. 

Simple... straight forward... thank you

stephenm1

My entire "library" is now no longer playable in Artists

nug21
Casual Listener

I quit Spotify premium because of this and other issues with the new UI.  Sometimes I come back to these forums to see if anything has been fixed but nope - they haven't listened to a thing.

Woke up one morning and all of my artists except for about 10 that I probably hit follow accidentally had disappeared.  

Stupid, stupid devs.

Gigagazz

I totally agree. I was very satisfied with all of the Spotify apps until some genius decided to make these changes to the library which is completely useless for me now. Thank you very much Spotify, your user experience department (if you have any) sucks. I quit.

K2rolla503

I'm giving it a month, if it isn't fixed so I can sort by artist (no I'm not gonna go and follow a thousand artists) on the app again I'm cancelling and going back to tidal. What a stupid idea to remove suck a basic UI feature of pretty much every music application.

Beheer

If spotify actually read these posts/comments,  I'd love to know why they can't UNDO these changes to Artists. 

How many customers do you have to annoy before you can decide it was a mistake ?  

Community Manager
Community Manager
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hello and thanks for bringing your feedback to the Idea Exchange

A similar idea has also been suggested here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Your-Music-Automatically-follow-artists-whose-song...

We have also merged the votes from this idea to that original one. 

P.S: More information about how the ideas exchange works can be found here.