[Ford Sync] Option to Control Spotify Normally/Disable Applink

The recent update has ruined the experience using my Lincoln which has ford Sync.  

Either remove the lock screen on the phone so passengers can DJ, or give an option to disable it.  Many in car apps prompt you requesting you verify you are a passenger for access.  If this is whats needed for liability reasons please do so, but dont take away access completely.

rHf7cIk

Updated on 2017-06-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2016-06-12

Marked as New Idea and edited title to make it easier to find via search.

Ewilbanks
Casual Listener

I've got the same issue and now I can't even get the audio to come out of the stereo when Sync-ed up.  Very frustrating.  Forced to listen the the traditional radio now and endless commercials...  Spotify please correct this.  I don't know why it is so hard to allow access to the control on the smartphone when sync-ed up.  The user above has it right, it doesn't allow me to let the passenger DJ or have control of the music.  I drive for UBER and LYFT.  Occassionally my riders want to listen to a certain song.  Now I have to tell them no (because I can't even search for a song they want) and the app isn't putting out Audio on Ford SYNC over Bluetooth (and before you start, yes, my phone is sync-ed up with bluetooth and media settings correctly, been down this road a million times).  So it kind of ruins the riders experience a bit and then they ask if they can sync up their device to my stereo (happens everytime and no... Ask any Ford SYNC user if this is a simple task).  I just upgraded phones from the Samsung Note 4 to the Samsung Note 5.  The app worked for about 5 days but still wanted to force the lock out screen.  I found a trick to get around it by forcing the app to shut down but eventually it would pop back up when I would leave my vehicle and start it back up.  However, when I updated my Spotify app on the new phone, as soon as I did it, no audio... and the dreaded Spotify to Ford lockout logo is relentless....  ERGH....  I'm thinking about finding a new streaming service if I cannot get this to work.  I am a Premium member.

Ghostking17

The latest update has really screwed it up. It used to be that the only time I saw the Ford lock screen was when I actually used Appling. Now it does it every time my Bluetooth connects to my car. Can't even change my music while sitting still. This is ridiculous. The only way I have found so far to use my phone in the car is to force close spotify and restart it. After several attempts it will eventually let you through. But again this isn't something that we should have to work around. The Ford Sync never worked right for spotify and now we are forced to attemptake to use it. It's none of your business if I am on my phone while driving or parked. I don't pay you to be my babysitter I pay you for streaming music.

Ewilbanks
Casual Listener

Nailed it with the last statement.

Ewilbanks
Casual Listener

All i'll every see of Spotify in my car. Can't listen to it. Screenshot_2016-06-21-14-12-02.pngLike the blue screen of death.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2017-06-10

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!