[Free Mobile] Bring back Radio

Removing radio from the mobile app, with the new update was a big mistake. That is a key feature that I use on my phone, desktop, and Xbox every day.

The FAQ says

"Spotify Radio has been removed from the free, ad-supported service on mobile"

So is it included with the premium subscription? The premium button on the app does not mention anything about the radio.

Daily mixes are not a substitute for the radio.

I use Spotify at work and home every day. I bounce to different genres throughout the day depending on the work project and activity at home, so mixes do not work for me and are always skewed.

If the plan is to not have it in mobile or keep it as premium, then you are not showing your potential customers all that you offer. Keep it free and add premium features on top of what exists.

Updated on 2019-05-09

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
kate0841

Agreed! It was the main feature I used on mobile and it's really getting on my nerves not having it for the last month. The premade mixes just aren't the same and i'm getting tired of listening to the same thing over and over. Please bring it back, spotify!! Hoping I can vote/comment enough that they'll do something about it. 

Jacob
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-05-18

Marked as a new idea :)

steeag
Composer

"then you are not showing your potential customers all that you offer. "

Yeah! Just limit the time the radio can be used for free accounts . So "potential customers" (like you?) can test it and not abuse it every day ;) 

Milk-Juice

I would like to know why the song/artist/album radio was removed with the last update. When using the radio, I discovered new songs and artist to listen to and not get bored of the same songs I already had. Can you bring it back please? The radio was really useful in my opinion.

Nunyabisness

The radio feature was the only thing about spotify i liked and now its gone. I needs to come back.

kingdeath9

I've been missing the radio button for almost a year now and it has been driving me crazy while making me look at going back to using Pandora or some other mobile app that can stream. The radio function was how I'd find more music, I'd get told a band by some friends and put into Spotify Mobile then listen while at work, soccer, Scouts, etc etc. I love the ability to build playlists but how are we supposed to do add to our playlists when the Daily Mixes are pretty much exactly like our current playlists.

Honestly after about a year of this I’ve been going back to CDs in the car, Pandora while around the house, and maybe logging into Spotify mobile for about 30min to an hour a day. (slowly been cutting that down since the lack of options.)

Only way I found it was removed I stumbled on a post on their website. I don't even remember anything ever said about it to the general masses.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-05-09

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke