Free Nights And Weekends

What a revolution this would be for Spotify to offer, as nobody else is doing it (or has even thought of it yet from my Google searches). I know, I get it, they have recording companies to iron out the details with, but I am guessing that they could make it worth their while.

Or, maybe just start with weeknights free (same as Premium) and not weekends. It's yet another bone Spotify could throw toward their demographic of potential listeners. Heck, Spotify would have gotten their hooks into me as a client a LOT sooner had I known that offer was on the table.

The marketing tagine could be, "Not just for wireless providers/cell phones anymore!", or something like that.

Hello and welcome to the community. 

Spotify is currently available in Free and Premium (and also unlimited). Making a significant part of Premium free of charge is not likely to happen within the forseable future, and as such I will close this idea for now. 

Comments
Merik
Community Legend

This actually sounds like a pretty cool idea! 

Also take a look at Introducing Spotify for Brand Video Ads. Soon you will be able to get no ads for 30 minutes if you watch a video ad.

MattSuda
Community Legend

I don't think this will ever happen.

Spotify already has a free option where you can listen with ads, as well as a new 30 minute ad free listening session if you watch a video ad first.

It's just like asking Netflix to make movies on nights and weekends free. Basically everyone watches movies on nights and weekends, so it doesn't really sound like a great financial plan to a company.

blake
Community Legend

Can you clarify what 'free nights and weekends' would entail? Is it ad-free listening or all the features of Premium?

Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Case Closed

Hello and welcome to the community. 

Spotify is currently available in Free and Premium (and also unlimited). Making a significant part of Premium free of charge is not likely to happen within the forseable future, and as such I will close this idea for now.