[Friend Feed] Option to show more of a User's recent Activity

I have heard negative comments about the recent update in the activity feed. I personally like the new way. It might make everyone happy if you keep the interface the same but have some button that you can hit that says something like "more recent activity"  that goes into greater detail. If you want you can keep that button or tab open all the time, but I didn't really like having a ton of people's activity there all the time, and I'm sure they got sick of looking at all of mine! lol. Anybody think that would work?

Updated: 2017-02-19

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Regular

I am personally tired of the feed freezing up for days and days on end. What's the deal with this? My activity feed shows what my friend listend to like 4 days ago. Sometimes it starts working and then just stays the same. It's so annoying. I also agree with you about having a more in-depth feed. Or the ability to just go back through the history. Sooo dumb.

My sister and I talk about Spotify all the time... We love the service but are perplexed as to why the programmers can't fix stuff like this. Is Spotify just making so much money now that they don't care about fixing stuff like this? Because there's tons of other seemingly simple stuff that can be fixed too.

I would still love to have the STAR FEATURE back! Why is there even a folder that exists anymore called "Starred"? Is it just to taunt us users who used this feature on the reg?

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search.

I think it would be so smart to have a button to give further details in the activity feed. I was super bummed today to login to my spotify (premium) account to see i could now only see the last song any of my friends had listened to. I loved being able to see a scrolling sidebar of all the music my friends were listening to. I could see so many more new songs in the old activity feed than in how the new activity feed works.

Please either bring back the old activity feed or make some sort of ammendment to the new one that lets you see more of the songs that my friends have been listening to.

I love your service so much and I that was one of my favorite parts, Spotify!!!

^ I agree with the above !!

Regular

@peanutgallery wrote:

I have heard negative comments about the recent update in the activity feed. I personally like the new way. It might make everyone happy if you keep the interface the same but have some button that you can hit that says something like "more recent activity"  that goes into greater detail. If you want you can keep that button or tab open all the time, but I didn't really like having a ton of people's activity there all the time, and I'm sure they got sick of looking at all of mine! lol. Anybody think that would work?

I fully agree! You can keep this new interface but please!!! Make us able to click on our friends name in the feed list to see what they have been listening to the latest 24 hours. Perhaps you can have this feature on each persons profile, then you can get the info there. I very much like to see all the music my friends are listening to, not just the latest song. You can't sit and stare at Spotify all day, you have to do some work to :-).

The detailed activity feed is a primary reason I subscribe to Premium.  There are many, many, music services available, but it is a big selling point to me that I am able to see all of my friends recent activity.  I discover a lot of new music that way, and to me is a large point of being a 'social' music service.  I understand that other people may not be interested in seeing a lot of detail, but it can be turned off or ignored, right?  Why take it away from the users who find it a major feature?   

I meant to add, I did like the addition of being able to see when a friend was last active.  That is a nice feature. 

Though I uninstalled and reinstalled before realizing the changes were new features and now it doesn't show that anymore?  Are there different versions?

Roadie

🙂 Thanks guys for the feedback and kudos! Keep it up!

Roadie

Can we just have the old activity feed back please? If you can name one thing that is better with the new one I'll shut up but... there really isn't anything.

agreed, awzc!!