[Friend Feed] Recommend Music to a Friend on Spotify by drag and drop

Hey, 

I have a few friends in the list on the right-hand side (Spotify desktop version, win 10) who I follow. Instead of recommending music to them via other means, it would be great to simply drag and drop a song onto a friend on the list. This would reducethe friction which I currently have when I want to share a spotify track with a friend who might like it too.
Best,
M.R.

The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2019-01-22

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
unfeasible
Casual Listener

This would be excellent. The current way of sharing is silly and very unintuitive. Currently we need to send a friend a web link, that opens in the app.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Suggestion

Updated on 2018-01-27

Hey @mxh

Spotify used to have internal sharing functionality, which is no longer present. The discussion regarding this is located here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Closed-Ideas/Social-Bring-back-Inbox-Messaging-with-notifications/i...

Regardless of status, please add a comment here, so it may be considered. Any update on the matter should be posted there. :)

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-04-19

Marked as new idea.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

The idea has been reposted here

Updated on 2019-01-22

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in slightly different again :)

Have a nice day!

Luke