[Friends Feed] Album Cover instead of Friend's Profile Pic

ON the feed on the right side in the desktop player:  I preferred to have the album artwork instead of the picture of my friend. Having the album artwork made it more interesting to listen to new music. Thanks!!

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Community Legend

Hello!

Could you please post a screenshot of that? It still shows the album pictures for me and not the profile pics.

Edit: Thanks @EP81 for the screenshot.

I have the same problem! And it just shows what everyone is currently listening to as opposed to their history of what they listened to. Bring back the old version Spotify!

Here's a screenshot:

spotify cap.PNG

Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and edited the title slightly to make it easier to find via search. 😉

Roadie
I hate the new activity feed so bad. I miss the album art and the way it was.
Regular

I also really miss the old feed. I much prefer to see the album artwork instead of friend's profile photos and be able to see a whole list of what they've been listening to.

Albu  covers are an essential part of the experience of listening to music for us fans of vynil and cds. Please bring it back, it makes it more interesting to follow our friend's listeing que and more appealing to discover new music, like the experience of being in a record store. More album art opptios, also larger or full screen album view. ❤️

PLEASE offer the OPTION of going back to album artwork in lieu of just ANOTHER picture of my friend that I see all the time, anyways!

I totally agree with the comments above. Using the Spotify app was WAY more FUN when we could see the cover art---- it is an important aspect of music enjoyment if you dig it, and the artist obviously liked the picture too.

Thank you, and I look forward to seeing the improvements Spotify implements with a careful hand and thoughtful heart.

Best Regards,

Robert Ray

As a UI/UX designer & a avid Spotify user, I am very confused as to why the activity feed has been changed to view your friends' profile picture rather then album cover. I am curious to know if you did any user testing for this change to happen? This is not a social network, and we are already surrounded by so much social media these days. I do like how you incorported the social element to view what your firends listen to, this is actually the one feature I use most. But I have to admit the main reason why I would click on a album my friend was listening to was because the album artwork caught my eye, not my friends face! Also, as a music user i recognize certain album covers that I may have not listened to in a while, so when I saw one in the feed that I was familiar with I would get excited to play it again. Now as a user I am forced to read the text to see what my friend is listening to, which sometimes does not even fit in the space the feed is in and has a .... . The idea of having the profile picture replace the album artwork seems very unecessary and not useful. Also, remember that this day in age music is very digital so there are few places where you see the artisits album cover, why not exploit that and put it back in the activity feed?

Thank you! 

As a UI/UX designer & a avid Spotify user, I am very confused as to why the activity feed has been changed to view your friends' profile picture rather then album cover. I am curious to know if you did any user testing for this change to happen? This is not a social network, and we are already surrounded by so much social media these days. I do like how you incorported the social element to view what your firends listen to, this is actually the one feature I use most. But I have to admit the main reason why I would click on a album my friend was listening to was because the album artwork caught my eye, not my friends face! Also, as a music user i recognize certain album covers that I may have not listened to in a while, so when I saw one in the feed that I was familiar with I would get excited to play it again. Now as a user I am forced to read the text to see what my friend is listening to, which sometimes does not even fit in the space the feed is in and has a .... . The idea of having the profile picture replace the album artwork seems very unecessary and not useful. Also, remember that this day in age music is very digital so there are few places where you see the artisits album cover, why not exploit that and put it back in the activity feed?

Casual Listener

Really not happy with the update to the activity feed, echoing what enjgraphics said and the people in this feed, completely agree:

• Really miss the album covers, much tougher to identify at a glance what friends are listening to
  • Activity feed needs to be much wider just to see artist names.
  • Can't see a history of what friends have been listening listening to 
  • Have to look at my friends stupid faces all the time. 

Been a happy Spotify Premium customer for over a year and loved every update, love the support for Windows Phone, love the growing collection of music but would consider reverting back to iTunes if this is going to stay. 

Hope some changes are made.