Announcements

Get rid of Discovery and bring back Whats New ASAP!!!!!

I don't know who thought that Discovery was a good idea, but it's not.   Other Spotify users as well as myself are quite unhappy about this.  I'm pretty sure that we are all constant users and having this "feature" really kills the app enjoyability. 

Please bring back the What's New feature.

You guys should really listen on this.

This has already been suggested and denied by the Spotify staff here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-quot-What-s-New-quot-back-Get-rid-of-quot-Discov...

Please check their official reply and any updates concerning a new release section there. Thanks! 😉
Comments

Why do we have to have EITHER.... why cant we have both?  is that just too many features?? what kind of business model is it where you take away a feature only to impliment another... YOU ADD FEATURES. You do not replace features that people use wholesale.....

I like Discovery, but I also like What's New. They serve two different purposes, yet one is gone. What a dumb move.

thats my complaint as well. I dont dislike Discovery. It is not somethign that i will use often but it is a nice feature for a lot of people but why do away with another feature in order for it to be there. its like owning a record store and getting rid of the new releases section in order to have better genre sections... it would be better to have both...and i cant imagine it would be too difficult to have both.

Yes, both would be great

If we have to pick one, bring back What's New.

We can always search and Discover new music.

Both  Please! ASAP!

Community Legend
Status changed to: Duplicate

This has already been suggested and denied by the Spotify staff here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Bring-quot-What-s-New-quot-back-Get-rid-of-quot-Discov...

Please check their official reply and any updates concerning a new release section there. Thanks! 😉

Both would be great.

Get this through!

, Elite.

user-removed
Not applicable

Bring it back. Discover is useless to me and don't see me using it. 

I have been trialing other services. I might leave becasue of this feature. Discoveris a cool idea but dont fix something thats not broken.

I completely and whole heartedily agree. Ever since I started using Spotify all I wanted is a way to see NEW RELEASES - each week. Get rid of Discover or move it off to the side. Besides, it is not helpful, dificult to browse, and I've already "discovered" most of what it is recommending.

Please, please - as so many others have pleaded - bring back "What's New" and make that even better.

Thank you.

Please bring back What's New. You can keep the discover tab, but What's New really introduced to what new music was available. Discover just let's you know what you have been listening to already. Listen to your consumers it might take you far.