[Google Assistant] 'Play on Device' Command

I would like to be able to specify to google which connected spotify device I would like to play on.

EG.

"Ok Google play spotify on my fire tv"

Idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Related Ideas

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2017-05-21

Marked as new idea.

mpalfreeman

This would be amazing, and as a byproduct, Sonos users could officially have the Google Assistant integration that's been missing. 

I thought it would have been Sonos' problem to supply an integration with Google Assistant, but technically if GA can access any Spotify Connect device as audio output, it doesn't matter if that's Sonos or anything else—it would just work!

AronSR
Casual Listener

Yes would love this functionality for my Pioneer N50a. I don't want to resort to inferior outputs such as Bluetooth, 3.5mm audio or chromecast when I have a high quality sound system

ruudvddries

This is much needed! My Google Home device is pretty neet but not being able to play on a specific (non Chromecast) device annoyes me. Where as from the spotify app, choosing any spotify connect device off course is no problem at all. 

macdonaldr93

I NEED this. I've invested in having awesome speakers for my desktop but I can't use these speakers with Google Home's Spotify integration.

n0m_d

+1

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Idea has been reposted here.

Updated on 2018-06-16

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!