[Google Home] Shuffle Command

I would love to be able to augment the normal phrase so it automatically shuffles the playlist, artists and all. I am tired of wanting to hear something and always hearing the same song first til I make it shuffle and then skip that song. 

Updated on 2018-12-25

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea
Updated: 2017-02-26

Marked as new idea.

dlarks
Casual Listener

Agreed. I was surprised this wasnt already there. 

Ultimaflex

++++++1

TBRich

Yes, please! Also, has anyone else noticed that once the Home is shuffling the playlist, it seems to always shuffle it in the same way, and thus not really be shuffled? Not sure if this is an issue with Spotify Connect or Google Home.

pa1983

Yeah, I get the same issue with the shuffle - it frequently 'shuffles' in the same order, but I think this is common to spotify in general, not just Google Home.  I've seen it mentioned before; Spotify's response seems to be that it really is random and people are just seeing patterns where there are none, but I'm pretty sure this isn't the case.

jpbananaman
Regular

Not sure if this is still a problem for people, but I've found the command "Shuffle my [playlist] playlist" works right off the bat.

ConcreteSurfer
Casual Listener
This seemed to have been added now. When I set this up it did not exist
yet.
dwolin1
Regular

Yes! It is absolutely essential to have the option to start a playlist on shuffle! I've grown to hate the first songs on each of my playlists because I hear them too often due to this lack of functionality!

vextamour

Yes, please make this functionality! It is so annoying that I can't just say Okay Google "Shuffle Playlist <playlist>" instead of hearing the first song every single time. 

dwolin1
Regular
This has been fixed! Google home now accepts "Hey Google, shuffle
[playlist]!"