[Google Home] Shuffle Command

I would love to be able to augment the normal phrase so it automatically shuffles the playlist, artists and all. I am tired of wanting to hear something and always hearing the same song first til I make it shuffle and then skip that song. 

Updated on 2018-12-25

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
ConcreteSurfer
Casual Listener

This is completed.

AllyGeorgieva
Casual Listener

Would love to add to this that for longer playlists the shuffle does not really work. E.g. I have a playlist with over 1000 songs and Google Home gets stuck in two or three places in the playlist so it keeps skipping back and forth e.g. only plays Marilyn Manson and Korn whereas I have hundreds of other bands in the playlist. 

wohfab
Casual Listener

Shuffling only working for a really small subset of the playlist. Playing the same songs over and over again.

TBRich

Exactly what Ally said above. Its really frustrating to have a playlist of 1000+ songs but hear the same ones every time you try to "shuffle" it.

ally148

When using Google home, I currently ask it play a personl playlist, request 'shuffle on' then 'skip this song'..... and it seems to shuffle....BUT, it only shuffles and plays about 30 songs off of a 1200 song playlist.  It doesn't do this on desktop or on mobile, but when using Google Home, it keeps playing the same 30 or so songs over and over again.

Koomikko
Regular

Voted. 

Another related suggestion would be to have shuffle option in the Google home settings. I would have it turned on by default for everything. This would be analogous to the spotify app which remembers my preference to shuffle all music. 

BGraham

Yes, as a part of Routines on Google Home, I would like to create a routine where I could say "OK, Google<Phrase>" thet the Routine would run like "Shuffle <playlist>

ekestler-us

“Hey Google”

How about “Randomly play [playlist name]” to play a playlist in random order?

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2018-12-25

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (100 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will have to close this idea for now. However, this does not mean that your idea has been rejected by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea again, in a slightly different form! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of the community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!