Greek music charset

There is an obvious lack of setting some standards when naming greek music. The problem lies on the fact that most of greek albums are registered with latin characters (known as greeklish). There is no standard way to spell greek with latin charset though. This makes the search of Greek music in spotify problematic: you have to search a few times with different spelling to spot your desired artist. Furthermore the same artist is oftne registered two or three times with different greeklish spelling!

For that reason I propose that all Greek music should be registered in the spotify database with the Greek characters as well. For example if I want to search for Σωκράτης Μάλαμας (Sokratis Malamas), I should just type in Greek Σωκράτης Μάλαμας. Then the results I should get should be like:

Artists:

Sokratis Malamas (Σωκράτης Μάλαμας)

Swkraths Malamas (Σωκράτης Μάλαμας)

So my point is that all greek artists should be obligatory registered with the Greek charset as well in a parenthesis. Another possible solution would be to set in the spotify website some rules for greeklish spelling in the spotify database, in a way that there is only one way of spelling Greek with Latin Characters. Then update all the existing Greek artists so that they follow these rules.

Hello.
This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago, but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want to see this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

grahammm
Roadie

I think that this is an example of a more general problem - that of the same artist being listed under more than one name (the opposite problem to the more common several artists sharing the same name)

Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello.
This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago, but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in the forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want to see this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.