Announcements

Group chat functionality for collaborative playlists

Why not? There are three Frank Ocean tracks on one shared playlist and I'm just bursting to tell everybody how this reminds me of Usher circa spring of 2004 when he had three concurrent singles out, "Yeah!" "Burn" and "Confessions (Part II)". Dorky, I know---but Spotify could build in way more community functions for connection between users if they wanted to take the app to the next direction.

Update: This idea has been suggested again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Social-Group-Chat-in-Collaborative-Playlists/i...

Hi there!

This idea has been submitted more than one year ago but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough kudos during that time (25 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active
ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the
community.

Comments

even just to be able to chat to your favourite friends would be nice.

Community Legend

This was an interesting idea, would be nice to chat with your friends when you are working on a collaborative playlist.

Music Fan

I like the idea of discussion on a collaborative playlist, but if it's not dumbing the idea down, I'd suggest an equally beneficial idea like the ability to add notes to specific tracks for other subscribed members to read and edit.

i.e. Maybe a track I added was not great or popular, but I'd like to add a note pointing what I find most important in the song such as "I'm looking to create a hook like the melody in the 2nd verse" or "This track is only here for the arpeggios in the bridge" or even "We need a voice on our track like the one at the intro of this song"

/.02¢

Spotify Legend
Status changed to: Good idea, vote for it

Casual Listener

this is ESSENTIAL!!!

I'd most like to see the option of adding a note to a specific track - this feature would be great for pointing out specific sections of songs which are often the reason that the song is posted at all, for example a sample or vocal lick that may be missed if the whole song has to be listened to.

It could also be useful for mentioning other tracks or albums that the artist has that relate to the song, but may not be appropriate for the playlist.

I would love to have that to comments on tracks added by people in collaborative playlists :).

One of my friends just started a collaborative playlist and before there were three songs added, I realized that we needed to have a chat and I raced here as fast as I could to post the idea. Thankfully, someone already has. I am imaging something along the lines of Google Docs comments, where they can be a live chat, but also serve as long term comments as well. Simple sidebar.

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been suggested again here:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Playlists-Social-Group-Chat-in-Collaborative-Playlists/i...

Hi there!

This idea has been submitted more than one year ago but unfortunately hasn’t gained enough kudos during that time (25 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active
ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the
community.