Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Hardware] The Spotify Player

I would like Spotify to develop a (touchscreen if possible) - Hifi system machine with display

I am sick of having my laptop on all day just to play Spotify - or my phone

Please build a product - I can log into Spotify on and leave that on all day - without never needing my laptop or phone again

To give my other devices a rest - I know there are radio's that have 'Spotify connect" on it but the ones I saw require phone connection and internet connection etc unless anyone can comment and recommend something - i do not believe this has been done yet and i hope Spotify or some company capable of creating this does it - cos i think it could be a gold mine for those - worried about the battery life of their devices that shouldn't be used as a cd player in 2020

I would love one that can download my 3k song playlists and store that on it and just play that all night and day etc - so it will need a good amount of storage

Look forward to your replies and hopefully you vote it up - so i can get an official reply

Updated on 2023-03-23

Hey everyone,

This suggestion got moved to the wrong place by mistake and we're setting it to live idea again. Thank you all for bringing your feedback in the Spotify Idea Exchange.

We'll continue to monitor and check out the comments here. Please continue to add your votes and support this idea, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

As soon as we have any updates on its status, we'll let you know.

More info on how your feedback reaches Spotify via the Idea Exchange can be found here.

Comments
banditkd

have a look at the Neptune pine, full android 4 Device than can run the spotify client in a package that is 3" x 2". Using mine as a replacement for my ipod shuffle. have a hunt around as I picked up a 16gb one for less than £60. 

zievert
Sonys music unlimited have been replaced with spotify. Did sony walkman sync with music unlimited? Ive never owned a walkman so i dont know. Perhaps we will get a sony walkman with offline spotify in near future.
beth_davis

How about making Spotify compatible with Sansa MP3 players? 

There are PAGES of past posts all asking basically this same question, and I guarantee you it would be a GREAT business opportunity, as earlier this year, Rhapsody stopped supporting private music collections.  I know a lot of people who would make the switch and start paying for a Spotify membership if Spotify started supporting Sansa MP3 players.

jcdixon85

I'm very surprised that Spotify has not teamed up with a manufacturer to create an ipod shuffle/ipod nano type mp3 device that has built-in bluetooth and the capability to store offline spotify music.  With all of the bluetooth headphones out there nowadays, and the desire that I have seen from the message boards, it seems to be a no brainer. I personally would pay upwards of $200 for such a device without hesitation.

I wonder if music licensing agreements are getting in the way of such a device.

meahtenoha
Status changed to: Not Right Now

2015-05-26

Hey everyone, thank you for bringing your feedback to the Ideas Exchange. We have no plans to venture into projects like this so we are marking this as 'Not Right Now'. Please continue to leave your comments and kudos on ideas here in the Community. 

filipnanberg

This is really a great Idea. This device would make music listening so much easier. The device wouldn't need to be that big. Wifi, Bluetooth, a small screen (not even touch) with a simple layout, som buttons so that you can search songs and add songs to playlists and so on, buttons to guide through the menu, volume up and down. Those are some stuff that really would be useful. A Large memory and long battery time are crucial things. A smart design and a relative cheap price. I believe it would be a great seller

fozzer2k15
If Spotify have pushed a lot of money into the 'Running' feature , they must be developing a spotify compliant device which is suitable for running as this isn't currently practical.
jamespbeattie

the sony nwz-z1060 32gb comes pretty close but i still want somthing smaller much longer in battery life and smaller (ipod nano size is ideal) i think we need to get in touch with google to make this!!

savaaZ

I was again searching spotify player and found thread. I also had this in mind many years ago.. It's weird that doesn't exist. https://mobile.twitter.com/savilmik/status/405716840648687617

ZombieMommy
I would.love something that would.make it easier to take my playlist with me while I work out. I have been trying to lose weight and have gone from 485 to 395. In 15 months. As you can imagine, working out can be difficult.but I've purchased a bike for someone of my size and I would absolutely love to listen to Spotify while I'm out there. Thank you for your consideration.