[Hardware] Spotify music device

Hi Spotify people!
My 7 year old son loves listening to music on Spotify on my phone, particularly the way it rolls into a radio selection after a chosen song, and I think it’s really inspiring for him, so thank you!
However on my phone there are things that I don’t want him accessing like you tube, the internet etc. And that got me thinking how good it would be if there was a kind of Spotify iPod that only had the ability to access Spotify and no other functions purely a music device?
I might be talking nonsense here, but I think there would be a real hunger for something so purely musical like this.
Anyway thanks for doing a great job!
All the best

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke

Comments
Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Rock Star 22
Rock Star 22
Status changed to: New Idea

Updated on 2018-07-15

Marked as new idea, which is a repost of this inactive idea.

Leeno
Casual Listener

YES!! May I please get a Bluetooth enabled wristband mainly for working out (maybe waterproof for swimming) so I can be free of carrying my phone around? maybe something small and sleek like a Fitbit but works like an iPod nano (no screen just buttons) which gives you the ability to set a playlist in the app. Remember I said please :)

ec83

This is exactly my predicament as well! Is there anyway of gaining some intrest in this??

RobAbe
Casual Listener

That's what I need to, great idea

radiofc

Anyone got a Mighty music player (https://bemighty.com/products/mighty-vibe)? It seems like it does what I'd like anyway but interested to hear what others have to say about them too....

gklaughlin
Regular

I use a Kindle 7 for this purpose. The speaker is poor, so I usually connect to a speaker via bluetooth. The only real problem with using a Kindle 7 for this is the size. If Amazon made a Kindle 5 or Kindle 4, it would fit much better in a pocket. I want a screen to navigate, and as I also use my Kindle to listen to podcast and audiobooks, so the Mighty Vibe doesn't meet my needs.

Rock Star 17
Rock Star 17
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Updated on 2019-08-07

Hey!

Your idea was submitted a while ago and unfortunately didn't receive the amount of kudos needed to stay active in the ideas board (100 Kudos per year). 

In order to keep the Ideas Exchange clearer I'll close this idea for now, but this doesn't mean Spotify rejected this idea.

If you think this is an idea which needs to be implemented, you're welcome to post it in a slightly different form :)

Have a nice day!

Luke