High quality streaming on web player

Please include high quality streaming on the web player for premium members.  Thanks

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Edit (@blake) 2015-12-04: This idea has been reposted here.

Comments
AndyCam25

It's true, Spotify on the web doesn't have 320 kbps for premium accounts. You have to use the app, which sucks.

D_

++

please vote this idea up, even if you're not using the web player on a regular basis.

and since the "linux version" of the player rather unusable in it's current state, that would be the easy to fix alternative for spotify. 

aflyerfer

Spotify have a history of taking on piraretical behaviours and succeeding. Presently, their free + adblock option is identical to their premium offering.

They need to be rolling out a HQ perk for premium users as a matter of urgency. Every premium member is only ever a month away from cancelling and if free is as good as paid, why pay?

ericchataigne

It is also interesting to have the Web player in Hi Quality for the windows 8 users as the descktop application is not properly working with touch screens and no Windows 8.1 app is available.

kekru
Regular

The linux version continues to degrade, radio is now broken. The web client being able to stream high quality would solve even needing it. What gives?

Tommy08

I'm streaming on my chromebook from the web - does anyone know in what quality! Thank you

Fredrik779

I was very surprised that there is no HQ option in the web player. I should have done more research before I purchased a ChromeBook as there is no native Spotify app on ChromeBook. I've considered trying to install the Android Spotify app on the ChromeBook though it's not supported and I don't know if it works.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Update: This idea has been reposted here.

Updated: 2015-11-17

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (50 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active & recent ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Edit (@blake) 2015-12-04: This idea has been reposted here.