Holiday Party Playlists in Browse

Holiday Party Playlists

This idea occurred to me when I was looking for music to play at a Halloween party. In the "Browse" section of Spotify, there is a section labeled "Party" and during big days, such as Halloween, there will be about one playlist for the occasion, but it takes some searching to find it.

My idea is to add a new folder to the "Browse" section, called "Holidays" or something of that nature, so that users will find what they're looking for a bit more easily. In this new seasonal folder, one would be able to browse different holidays and occasions according to what they want, or the time of year. For example, I would open the app, go to Browse, scroll down to Holidays, click on a Halloween-related playlist, and enjoy. It's that simple. No more searching by title of playlists, no more skipping songs on the radio. Just a few clicks/taps and you've found the music for your event.

This could work for any holiday, not just Halloween. There could be a Thanksgiving dinner playlist, a Christmas playlist for kids, Christmas classics for adults, etc. I understand that different holiday-related playlists already exist, but with this idea, finding music for any celebration becomes a lot easier and more organized.

Updated: 2015-11-04

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Amarro
Community Legend

Hello and welcome to the Community :)

Yes this is quite a nice idea. But in my opinion there is not more then 1 holiday a day and if you want to find a good playlist fitting to this occasion you can just use the search bar. This is like i do. But well.. it's a matter of opinion :D. I support your idea anyway :)

Rock Star 21
Rock Star 21
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as 'New Idea' and edited title slightly to make it easier to find via search.

Rock Star 10
Rock Star 10

There actually used to be a holiday section in browse that did just what you're saying. I'm not sure why it went away. Just noticed it was gone at Halloween.

akgates
Casual Listener

Hey there! I posted an idea similar to this today and it was recommend I post it here to share!

"Hello to the melodious community that is Spotify!

My idea is simple:

As summer fades on the northern hemisphere, the mystical-feels of autumn lurk on the horizon, and winter further around the not-so-yet-icy bend, the time beckons for an easily-accessible way to soak up in the rapture of playlists created in the spirit of a specific season or holiday.

I'm sure we can all agree, to some level, that powerful and mystical lull of the seasons and its multitude of holidays is somehow all too ambiguously-dwelling inside the diverse slash of Spotify. And I'm talking about a grand recognition, in lieu of the lucky search for a random playlist that doesn't quite satisfy that specific energy your celebratory spirit is pining for.

Since recently returning home from the Peace Corps in a South Pacific Island of perpetual summer, I am exponentially enthused to soul-soar with the seasons that I've longed to taste the past two years. And Spotify, you are the perfect friend to have along on this journey!

Spotifiy succeeds gloriously at creating a diverse space of listening to and exploring the sounds of the world. In the new Seasons & Holiday genre, it would include holidays practiced all over the world. Stretching the globe through India, the vast cultures of Africa, the Middle East, Canada, Europe, United States, South America - no limits. It would colorfully feature rituals and practices across the globe, such as "All Hallows Eve", "Midsummer's Eve", "Holi" and more.

It would be easily and aesthetically navigated through the four main seasons, including songs that emanate, rather specifically or illusively, to that magical time of year. The freedom and promise of Summer, the supple rebirth and blossoming Spring, the enchanting and mysterious Autumn, and the quiet comfort and reflection of Winter.

The Seasons & Holiday genre would exist as its own special block under "Moods and Genre's". It would have a bountiful surplus of options to bounce off the vibrations of nature and it's correlated celebrations, from all walks of life, in which we dabble and revere.

Please give this an earnest consideration, beloved Spotify community. Let's go deep into the inspiration of nature and the color of humanity together!

Blissfully, A"

Thanks for your ideas, too! Hopefully they'll be combined soon! Right, Spotify? :)

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea
Updated: 2015-11-04

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!