How albums are scored as favorite

I do not like how the "favorite albums" are defined.

There are albums I listened to many times, so they are truly my favorite. They should be shown as my favorite albums on Facebook, and tracks from these albums should be suggested to be sent to my friends. But they are not.

And then there is another album. I listened to it only once, I did not even listen to all tracks. Yet, this album shows up on Facebook as my "favorite album", and most tracks suggested for sending to friends are from this album.

I guess that the reason is that the "favoriteness" of an album is scored based on the number of times a track from that album was listened.

So an album to which I listened to let's say 10 times but it has only 6 tracks gets a relatively low score. The album that is shown as my top favorite has 232 tracks, so even if listened to only 150 or 170 of them, it beats my truly favorite albums.

This does not make sense and should be fixed. I suggest that the score is based on the number of times a track from the album is listened to divided by the number of tracks on the album.

Or better, the score should be based on the total time listened to the album divided by the total album duration.

(A related issue: I read that artists and labels are paid by Spotify based on the number of times their tracks were listened to. If this is true, it is wrong, and should based on time listened to. There is no reason for gratifying artists who make shorter tracks. Beethovens 9. symphony (usually 4-5 tracks for a 70-minute album) isn't less deserving than Bach's Das Wohltemperierte Klavier which can have like 30 tracks in 70 minutes.)

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted over 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos. In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again!

Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! 😉

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!