[Hulu] Spotify Family Plan with Hulu

Extend the Student Discount Hulu Subscription to the Family Plan. 

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

We appreciate all the feedback you've given us around adding Hulu to Premium Family. We always look for ways to bring better service and deals to you, however, as it is stated in our guidelines, we cannot influence subscription, price or product changes at this point. It's for those reasons that we're marking this as 'Case Closed'. Of course should this change in the future, we will let you all know via our For the Record blog.

Thank you for your understanding!

Comments
shawnalane

I'm a disgruntled Premium for Family subscriber, too. When we got Hulu, we thought "well, that's nice! Let's upgrade to the Family plan!" as a "thank you" to spotify. We had no idea that we'd lose Hulu until we went to watch something. Very unhappy about this. 

dcbell05

I'm disappointed this doesn't apply to Family, even if you restrict it to one user of the family. I can see the argument as to why it wouldn't be allowed for ALL of the users on the family plan to have access, but I would expect at least one user to be allowed to have Hulu on the account. Or maybe giving a discount on Hulu for people that have the Spotify Family plan.

Maxim
Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Hey everyone!

Thanks for sharing your feedback in here, but it's best to post it at https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Hulu-Spotify-Family-Plan-with-Hulu/idi-p/2348892 🙂

shawnalane

I'm a disgruntled Premium for Family subscriber. When we got Hulu with the premium account I was already paying for, we thought "well, that's nice! Let's upgrade to the Family plan!" as a "thank you" to spotify. We had no idea that we'd lose Hulu until we went to watch something. Very unhappy about this. 

Casual Listener

I pay extra for Spotify Family package. So why do people who pay less than I do get the free Hulu access? I just don't understand!

iamtito

Hello Everyone,

Judging from the age of this thread and the comments, it seems that Spotify is either not listening or does not care. 

Dami3

It’s ridiculous that Hulu can’t be included in the Spotify family plan! Makes no sense that the highest paying customers are excluded from this offer. 

Dami3

It’s ridiculous that Hulu can’t be included in the Spotify family plan! Makes no sense that the highest paying customer is excluded from this offer. 

wenebara

Come on, Spotify! Please include the Hulu with the family plan!!!!!!

I'm sure this has been pointed out but it doesn't really make sense that I would have to downgrade my plan, pay less money, to get this Hulu deal. I just finished a chat with support and it seems that everyone can agree this is a silly issue for many users

I hope there is an update coming soon and Family Premium users can use the same benefits of all other Premium users.