[Hulu] Spotify Family Plan with Hulu

Extend the Student Discount Hulu Subscription to the Family Plan. 

Updated on 2021-06-24

Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming to the Spotify Idea Exchange. 

We appreciate all the feedback you've given us around adding Hulu to Premium Family. We always look for ways to bring better service and deals to you, however, as it is stated in our guidelines, we cannot influence subscription, price or product changes at this point. It's for those reasons that we're marking this as 'Case Closed'. Of course should this change in the future, we will let you all know via our For the Record blog.

Thank you for your understanding!

Comments
Ditchqueen

Arggg.. whish I saw this BEFORE I upgraded to Family.

Spotify should have at least explained you were losing your Hulu when upgrading.

No warning, no disclamer etc.. I would have rethought my purchase.

Furian

Problem solved, i cancelled family.....  kids can listen to commercials like all of us old farts did while growing up.

Whosoever412

Step your game up Spotify, don't be greedy.  

AshleyJ2

This is absolutely ridiculous. As a college student, I could not afford even the student version, but now that I'm graduated and working full time (under crushing student debt still) I thought I'd splurge and buy Premium family for my husband and I, PRIMARILY for the benefit of having Hulu. I am paying 3x more than I would have as a student, and receiving arguably 1/10th the benefit. Please explain to me why this is. I'd love contact information for the team responsible for this ludicrous set up. Be careful Spotify, in an app heavy world with endless competitors, irrelevance is only one bad decision away. 

paulewoolverton
Your comments are 99 to 100% in agreement with all those frustrated like we all seem to be. The problem is Spotify has never commented or even acknowledged the existence of this being an issue. It again only shows the poor customer service focus Spotify has decided is relight for them. Which is none to date.
horikor

I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on a Family Account. Glad I read this first. Won't consider the upgrade now until the Hulu package is available with the Family Plan

bwebster1

Literally the dumbest thing ever. Myself and all of these other people would be willing to give you more money for family but I'll just keep it to the regular premium plan so I can have free Hulu. 

paulewoolverton
I am afraid that all of us have been beating the Spotify horse on this issue for a very long time without any response at all. I think we can all now agree the Spotify horse is dead to customer communication. Sorry that was this thread has brought nothing to any of us except disappointment.
ShaunGor

This is ridiculous. Should be as simple as Hulu being tied to the managing account only. Glad I just got penalized for paying more.

GiggityGreg

To be fair, when I signed up for the premium plus Hulu deal I was made well aware that it was a limited deal and would only be accessible in the future by "grandfathered" accounts. To date, I've not switched to the family plan because I knew this day 1.