I would like to be able to disable 'edited' music entirely

I've noticed that the Spotify service seems to be making a more serious deliniation between 'explicit' music and 'edited' music recently. It's frustrating me on mobile though, because it's not always clear how to find the 'explicit' version of the album.

I understand that some people are concerned about explicit lyrics and parental controls, but for me personally, I want to hear what the artist originally intended.

Would it be possible to have some account-level setting where you could designate whether you want to hear 'explicit' music exclusively, or 'edited' music exclusively, etc? I could see how that would be useful.

Hey guys, I'm going to mark this as a 'Duplicate Idea' and merge it with the "Explicit Only/ Edited Only option" idea. Right now that has the "Good Idea, give it some Kudos" status. As soon as we have an update on this we'll post again there. Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Comments
user-removed
Not applicable

It would be great to have this, mobile has edited versions by default and I can't figure out how to get to the regular version of the album without creating it as a playlist on desktop. Absolutly terrible UI/UX and the only glaring issue of spotify so far after a year of use.

Please fix this, it could be as simple as a setting that allows users to choose what version of the albums to load.

erilak09

I'm going to leave spotify if I can't find unedited versions. I understand catering towards a family freindly radio station, but completely igorning my consumer taste is egregious to say the least.

TheMvn

I wouldn't have gotten Spotify Prime (i'm a new Spotify user) had I known you couldn't disable Edited songs. This is a critical feature. If I wanted edited music, I'd listen to the radio.

glasscoffin

I'm with TheMvn. I just downloaded Spotify Premium and made a playlist, and every single song on it is edited. There is more silence than music, almost. All the music sounds like an unplayed game of Mad Libs. I'm well over 18, I think I should be able to decide if I want to listen to "naughty" words or not...

sdotsamuel

For me, I have kids, and sometimes I want to listen to an artist like Drake, who has clean records but Spotify plays all of the profanity records. Some tracks are tags with EXPLICIT. If there was a checkbox that said, PLAY EXPLICIT RECORDS and this would determine whether or not I heard the explicit version, that would be good for me.

Echapin6995
This would be a great feature to have on the mobile app and would make a vast majority of your paying users very very happy. Please add this in an update ASAP!
bowofolaf

My spotify puts the explicit versions at the top, so instead of hitting play on the album and having to listen to both explicit and edited versions... I highlight all the explciit tracks, right cilck and select play. A lesser pain

Spotify
Spotify

Hey guys, I'm going to mark this as a 'Duplicate Idea' and merge it with the "Explicit Only/ Edited Option only" idea. Right now that has the "Good Idea, give it some Kudos" status.  As soon as we have an update on this we'll post again there.

Thanks for your feedback everyone!

Spotify
Spotify
Status changed to: Duplicate

Hey guys, I'm going to mark this as a 'Duplicate Idea' and merge it with the "Explicit Only/ Edited Only option" idea. Right now that has the "Good Idea, give it some Kudos" status. As soon as we have an update on this we'll post again there. Thanks for your feedback everyone!

anu20
I agree with this. I know quite a few people who are thinking about switching from Pandora to Spotify, but this kind of dampers that from happening