IOS Type Ahead Search Needed

Hello,

Every leading streaming services iOS application has Type Ahead Search except Spotify.  This is generally accepted web / app. search technology that you should be using in all your applications including your desktop client.

Spotify needs to embrace the concept of Customer Centricity!  

Thanks, Phil

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.

Related Ideas

Comments
Peter__
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea

Peter__
Community Legend

I do believe this already exists in the desktop application, it will give you suggestions as you type. 

Peter

philmg
Roadie

Hi Peter,

You are correct re: the Desktop app.

I appreciate your help.  I really enjoy the Spotify service, and just trying to make it better and more user friendly.

Thanks, Phil

brianyuen
Casual Listener
Also called 'suggested search', I agree this is needed badly on iOS. I recently had an urge to listen to an old "B52's" song. Searching for this on iOS is almost impossible, especially if you're in the car (which I know you're not really suppose to do in California) Here was the process for me: Search for: "B52" = no results "B52s" = no results "the b52s" = no results "the b52's" = no results I finally gave up with that and searched by song. Later when I got home, I tried again and found that if I added in a hyphen (B-52), the band would finally come up in the search results. Pretty frustrating.
Fred
Community Legend
Status changed to: Inactive Idea

This idea has been submitted more than 1 year ago but unfortunately hasn't gained enough kudos during that time (10 kudos/year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, this idea will be closed for now. Note that this does not mean the idea has been declined by Spotify.

Please feel free to re-post this idea if you still feel you want this implemented. With a little change in presentation, maybe this time it will gain the necessary support from the community.