In-App Purchase of a Premium Account with iTunes credits

I have a lot of iTunes credit to get rid of, 

and I would love to be able to buy a premium account directly WITHIN the iOS app. 

Please let this happen so it would be easier for those without a credit card to buy using their iTunes credits.

Edit: This idea has been reposted here.

Hello!

Your idea has been submitted a while ago but unfortunately hasn't gathered enough kudos (25 per year). In order to keep an overview of the active ideas in this forum, we will close this idea for now. However this does not mean that your idea has been declined by Spotify.

If you still feel strongly about your request, we encourage you to post your idea in a little different form again! Maybe now is the right time to receive the support of our community for your suggestion! ;)

Do you have any further questions on how the idea exchange is managed? Just click here!

Comments
UberMammi

Would be very nice to have :)

user-removed
Not applicable
I would love for them to implement this, especially for people who don't have credit cards.
DavidMcAfee42

I wouldn't mind paying extra to do this and accommodate the Apple 70/30 split.

Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: New Idea

Marked as new idea and added "with iTunes credits" to the title to make it easier to find via search. ;)

tphrlee

yess i would love to use itunes gift cards!!

RJSA

Totally in for that idea - total convenience for us non-credit-card owners...

Wrxkyle
This should really be implemented, there are tons of people that have gift card up the wazoo from family members and etc that i would love to spend on spotify as an in app purchase for a premium account.
GDPmumin
Charging more for the in-app option than they do for other avenues is a violation of Apple's TOS. Rdio does it, and I'm not sure how they get away with it, but devs are supposed to charge the same for in-app purchases as they do elsewhere. That said, I agree with the OP that adding the in-app option is a good idea.
pipobscure

Let me put it simply: the only way to use spotify on iPhone permanently is to by a subscription. Fine, I'll do that. What I won't do is hand my credit-card to one more company for recurring charges. It's a pain to manage. So until I can do this via in-app purchase, I simply will not do it. Since I only really want to use Spotify on the road, it basically means Spotify is useless to me. 

edepno

it´s 40 kudos. Can the Spotify team make this happen please :) THANK YOU!