In library, show which playlist the song is stored in.

When I search for songs in library, I don't know where the song are saved. And when I search for songs there is no way of knowing if you've already have that song, unless you check every playlist by filtering...

Also, not all songs appear when I search for it. Why? When I filter the playlist it comes up, but not in library filter. I think I have found this problem in a playlist search also, but I'm not sure.

This problem appear with collaborative playlists as well as normal playlists. Library should list everything, even if it's from subrscribed plalists.

A third problem I've found is that when you press the album cover (playing now) and you queued the song, you are redirected to library rather than the playlist. This would be fine as long as I knew where the song came from. 

This idea has already been suggested here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/In-what-playlist-did-I-put-this-song/idi-p/4605

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)

Related Ideas

Comments
takingbackbenny
Roadie

Great idea - I have the same problem. Have a very large collection of songs and many are across different playlists - would be great to be able to "Show In...." like iTunes. This is a huge time saver!!

takingbackbenny
Roadie

I strongly agree - this feature is A MUST for large collections and multiple playlists!!!

takingbackbenny
Roadie

I forever find myself checking playlists manually for certain songs before I add them, so they're not in the same playlist twice - very frustrating!!

pabloespejo
Casual Listener

100% agree, you must be able to see if a song you have searched is already stored in any of your playlists.

Sometimes i remember a song and i search for it in Spotify, before adding it to a playlist i need to check 2 or 3 playlists that may fit to see if i have the song already on any of them.

Liam
Community Legend
Status changed to: New Idea
Only ideas with 40+ kudos should have the good idea status.
Rock Star 28
Rock Star 28
Status changed to: Duplicate

This idea has already been suggested here:
http://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/In-what-playlist-did-I-put-this-song/idi-p/4605

Add your kudos there please - the existing kudos here will be added soon! ;)