Inappropriate Advertisements

Hello everybody,

Recently I have noticed an increasing number of inappropriate advertisements selling products such as contraceptives and condoms, in which explicitly describe sexual intercourse. Not only is it inappropriate for children to be subjected to these materials, but these advertisements can be objectionable for people of all ages. Spotify should be able to implement an option to block certain ads and replace them with others. This is not a way around listening to advertisements, but I don’t believe that forcing users to pay money for Spotify Premium to avoid inappropriate content is right.

Please vote if you agree.         -Katie Mulvey

Updated on 2018-05-06

Hey there @kmulvey1540,

Thanks for reaching out here, and I'm sorry to hear this has happened. Spotify would never mean any offense with the ads submited to them, and I've made sure that the right team knows your feedback

Cheers,

/tr

Comments
Hamtaro

I got Spotify Premium but to see you getting those kind of adverts?? Are you sure you have not been looking at things like that? I think they use Google Ads which will take your search history and find relative ads for you.

Eitherway now is a good time to make the move to Spotify Premium, it is worth the money, I find it so much easier and on the bonus side, no ads! Try it!

pumpedup
Casual Listener

I think they shouldn't have these types of advertisements altogether. Very innapropriate, plus the recent ads with profanity. 

Lcd9745
Casual Listener

Stop being a 21st century sensitive **bleep** and children shouldn’t be sheltered by something so natural 

Rock Star 15
Rock Star 15
Status changed to: Case Closed

Updated on 2018-05-06

Hey there @kmulvey1540,

Thanks for reaching out here, and I'm sorry to hear this has happened. Spotify would never mean any offense with the ads submited to them, and I've made sure that the right team knows your feedback

Cheers,

/tr